K1/K3/IR and DCP-Delhi process

nanu45

Registered Users (C)
K1/K3/IR and DCF-Delhi process

I am USC and planning to apply for my spouse. Before taking any steps would like to know-
1. If anyone knows exact processing time difference between
I-129f (K1) vs
I-130 + I-129f (K3) vs
I-130 (IR1)

2. I heard we can apply directly I-130 at Delhi Consulate (DCF)
What's processing time and chances here?

3. Also my guess is K3 or IR1 should be easy (with marriage cert.) but how tough it is to get K1?
What documents needed for K1 and how to prove the relationship?
I am talking about Mumbai consulate where my spouse would be attending.

If anyone's visa got processed at Mumbai please share your experience.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
1) K1 = 6-10 months (on avg).....Though this is irrelevant as you state you have a spouse......K1 is for fiances
K3 = (6-12 months on avg)
CR1/IR1 = (6-12 months on avg)

2) Provided you meet the residency requirements in India in order to be eligible to apply for DCF, then this is the quickest route (on avg about 6 months)

3) You state you have a spouse so you are unable to apply for a K1.

You state you have a spouse so you are unable to apply for a K1.

thanks for the reply elcupacabras-
when I mentioned spouse I meant my to-be wife...sorry for the confusion
I have time to make my decision when and where to get married once I get clear idea about my options.
So if anyone had experience of K1 interview at mumbai consulate plz share....

Gotcha.

Well, I have no experience with the Mumbai consulate, but the general rule for a successful K1 is prove that you have a bone fide relationship (ie, have lots of evidence come interview time that demonstrates this- phone bills, evidence of trips to visit each other, emails, photos etc).

If you do go the K1 route though make sure though that you 'never' use the word spouse as this could cause USCIS to falsely assume that you are married (as I did) and could complicate the K1 process.