K1 Interview wait time in Dominican Republic

pml425

Has anybody gone through the interview process in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)? I am American my fiance is Dominican. We have been approved since Nove 22, 2006. The approval was sent to the US Embassy in Santo Domingo on Dec 6. We were put on the interview waiting list on Dec 12, 2006. I have heard conflicting stories for interview wait times. From 4 months to 15 months. I am hoping that is not the case. thanks

It is worse than you think. I called the embassy. The current wait time is 18 months, our wait time is closer to two years. My papers were received at the embassy January 2007. This is insane. I am contacting my Senator and Congressman. I suggest you do the same. Our K1 visa has no more priority than a Domincan applying for a student visa. That is why the system is backed up (F1 student visas and F2 visas for the student's spouse). As American citizens we deserve due process and waiting almost three years to get married is not due process.

I am a US Citizen as well and my fiance resides in the Dominican Republic. I received approval from the USCIS within 2 months. My paperwork was received by the US Embassy in the DR on 8/3/06 & my fiance was listed in the 25,990 range on the Appointment Waiting List. This month, he is listed in the 18,000s. Frustratingly enough, from 1/2007 to 2/2007, he only moved up by 475 numbers. From Aug. to Jan., the Embassy would process approx. 1300applications. For the month of March and April, I noticed that on the scheduled appointment list, there are no K1 visas scheduled at all. They are F category visas exclusively. I sent my Congressman a lttr. last month. He acted promptly and contacted the Embassy. I received a lttr from him and a copy of what the Embassy sent. It stated the obvious...that there is a backlog. I had inquired as to how to expedite the process and the response from the Embassy is nothing unless there is medical or financial hardship only. When I initiated the K1, I was told that my fiance would be in the US within 6 mnths. Now it appears that it will be years & that's unacceptable. I am going to send my Senator a letter this week and will post updates as they become available. Keep the faith! :confused:

Waiting Time For An Interview In Santo Domingo For K1visa

I Mailed The I129f Petition To California On June Of 2005, The Approval From Uscis Was Mailed To Me On September 2005. The Us Embassy In Santo Domingo Received The Documents/petition For The K1 Visa On October Of 2005, We Were On The Waiting List For One Year And Six Months, Finally My Dominican Fiance Has An Interview Scheduled For May 16, 2007. After The Long Waiting, My Fiance Already Began Gathering His Paperwork To Be Taken To The Consulate On The Day Of The Interview, But There Are Some Doubts, And When We Call The National Visa Center, They Are Not Very Helpful. For All Of You Out There, Don't Give Your Hopes Up, Keep Yourselves Stronger, And I Wish You Luck In Obtaining An Interview Soon.