K1 Fiancee Visa help

czahar

I am an American citizen born in the United States trying to bring my french fiancee into the United States using an I-129 Petition for Alien Fiancee. I have some questions about the form:

1) Is this a form in which most people definately need to hire a lawyer for? I have asked around for lawyers and have found that they charge absolutely, absurdly high fees for helping me file this. If there is a way around this, I would love to hear it.

2) 7B on the current instruction form asks for the person filing the petition to provide "original statements from you and your fiance(e) whom you plan to marry . . . to establish your mutual intent". What specific statements are they looking for and how many of these should i send? For instance, should i send them a couple of love emails that i have sent my fiancee or should I send every love email that I have sent her since I have known her (that would equal roughly 200).

3) They are also asking for evidence that I have seen my fiancee in person in the last two years. I have seen my fiancee as recently as 2 weeks ago. What specific evidence would they consider acceptable?

If you are a lawyer you need not answer question #1. I am primarily looking for the advice of people who have filed (preferable sucessfully) K-1 Fiance(e) visas in the past, but I would also be glad to accept the advice of lawyers willing to give FREE advice, or people who work jobs that would make them qualified to answer these questions -e.g., an employee or former employee of immigration services. Thank you very much.

1. Did it myself, not that difficult. Plenty of info on www.visajourney.com.

2. A statement to that effect, in the form of a letter would be fine, signed.

3. A recent photo, and a statement to the effect the she visited last date x to date y, or you visited her.

A bit of a cheek asking a lawyer for free advise? If you have any issues an initial consultation might be worth the money. Kust to make sure you are on the right track.

czahar said:
I am an American citizen born in the United States trying to bring my french fiancee into the United States using an I-129 Petition for Alien Fiancee. I have some questions about the form:

1) Is this a form in which most people definately need to hire a lawyer for? I have asked around for lawyers and have found that they charge absolutely, absurdly high fees for helping me file this. If there is a way around this, I would love to hear it.

2) 7B on the current instruction form asks for the person filing the petition to provide "original statements from you and your fiance(e) whom you plan to marry . . . to establish your mutual intent". What specific statements are they looking for and how many of these should i send? For instance, should i send them a couple of love emails that i have sent my fiancee or should I send every love email that I have sent her since I have known her (that would equal roughly 200).

3) They are also asking for evidence that I have seen my fiancee in person in the last two years. I have seen my fiancee as recently as 2 weeks ago. What specific evidence would they consider acceptable?

If you are a lawyer you need not answer question #1. I am primarily looking for the advice of people who have filed (preferable sucessfully) K-1 Fiance(e) visas in the past, but I would also be glad to accept the advice of lawyers willing to give FREE advice, or people who work jobs that would make them qualified to answer these questions -e.g., an employee or former employee of immigration services. Thank you very much.

Hello,

1) Yes, the situation may get tricky at times if you do not file the necessary docs with the package. You may then think it was better if you hired a lawyer earlier. As the silly mistakes in the preparation of package may delay your case dramatically.

2) You may send 2-3 emails which show that you are intending to get married to each other.

3) The most conclusive evidence one can show is the joint photographs of the two of you in it, make sure that they are time stamped photos with the date within the last two years of filing the petition.Also you can show boarding passes of your trip to her country or hotel bills , credit card payment bills etc.

I again suggest that you hire an attorney to file a case on your behalf as they know the technicalities better than us.You can hire any attorney from a site like www.visapro.com etc. They are known to be the economical ones, if you are looking for economical and fast service.

K-1 Visa

I filed an I129 for my fiancee in March 2006. Not very complicated. Just be sure to get all the paperwork right. I sent photos (showing date picture was taken) of the two of us together and some copies of airplane boarding passes.
Since I am divorced, I sent copies of my divorce decree. I also sent an original birth certificate. On a separate mailing, I sent form I 134, but I understand it is not necessary. My fiancee will have to present it when she goes for the interview.

For the letter of intent, I wrote a letter for her to sign. To whom it may concern: This is to certify that I intend to travel to ---- usa, to marry mr. ----. We have met on these different times (state dates and purpose of trip, i.e. vacation, business, etc). I wrote one almost the same for me to sign and then sent both of the letters with the application.

The process takes a lot of time. I sent the petition in March, 2006 to Mesquite, Texas, as instructed in the form. It was later transfered to the California Service Center. It took until September to be approved. No problems, just a long time in processing. It was sent to the visa service center which processes all visas. Then it was sent to my fiancee's country embassy in October. She has her interview in December and will probably get her visa before Christmas.
The only problem I had was that she has a daughter whom we hoped to bring over with her on a K-2 visa. However, due to the long processing time, her daughter turned 21 in Octover and now cannot get the K-2 visa. She is coming over on a student visa.
Hope this helps.

please help

i just want to know how long it normallytakes for the USCIS in California Service center to approve a K-1 visa petition?

kitzz said:
i just want to know how long it normallytakes for the USCIS in California Service center to approve a K-1 visa petition?

Hey Kitzz,

I'd love to know the answer to that same question!!!
I was under the impression it was 3 months for the approval of the petition (not the entire process - just the approval for the petition)
-and every day I look at the "processing times" for the USCIS California Service Center and I'm getting really frustrated!!
Right now it says they are working on applications received in JUNE 06!!
UGH!!! How slow can they be???

If anyone has info.. please reply! :)

2-3 months

I was told by my lawyer that it is taking 2-3 months and longer for cases that are complicated (bringing children, etc.)

Processing times differ great deal and depend on the nature of the case and the nationality. I head of some cases approved within 30 days, others 50 days.

I29F Received by CSC on November 28

Letter of Intent is just that. A simple statement in letter form from you both that you intend to marry. Emails etc are not what they are after here.

Tip:
Use Q18 of the I-129F petition to describe in some detail of how you met in the required 2 year period that established the relationship. The evidence you then submit should support those details. Boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel/credit card receipts, rental receipts if ever lived together etc etc are primary evidence. Photos are secondary which support the primary evidence. What one should be aiming for is creating an image in the minds eye of the adjudicator......a complete picture. Look outside the box for evidence that shows you both in the same place at the same time. Each case is different and one should submit evidence accordingly, not just rely on the standard unofficial list.

Whilst evidence of an ongoing relationship is not a requirement at the initial filing stage, it can be beneficial to those from high fraud countries (eg the philipines) to do so, or if there is anything that could be a red flag that may cause issues at interview stage. This evidence should always be very carefully scrutinised especially emails & chat, to make sure there is nothing mentioned that may be construed in a different way then it is meant. Also make sure that any photo evidence submitted of any ceremony cannot be mistaken for a marriage ceremony which has in the past caused issues and denials.