K1 and Police Clearance issue

hsd31

Sorry for the long post..

My fiance in US applied for a K1 visa for me last year and I was called for an interview in Feb. The interview went well and the consulate said that they will approve the K1 provided I can provide a Police Clearance from Qatar (I worked there for about 5 yrs, but had left the job 2 yrs ago).

Since Dec of last year, I've tried every means possible of trying to get a Police Clearance from that country, but the application has been stuck in some bureaucratic limbo for the last 8 months. I've hired a local lawyer in that country too, but they have been unable to get the police clearance or even a denial letter from the concerned department. Every time my lawyers try to get information on the case, the authorities say that the will not release the info as it is classfied. I do not have any police or criminal record in that country and never overstayed, etc*

I'm now at my wits end. The US consulate has given me time till Aug to submit the Police Clearance along with my Passport for stamping and I don't see that happening. Any advice on how I can proceed. Is there any way I can convince the US consulate to forgo the Police Clearance. Someone had suggested to try and get a denial letter for the Police Clearance from the right authorities in that country, but I can't get that either, they simply refuse to issue any letter. Maybe it was my lawyers frequent inquires that ticked them off.*

I do have the Fedex receipt/invoice of my initial request for Police Clearance to that country's Interior Ministry. I can also get an affidavit from my lawyers in that country stating that they have been trying since the past 6 months and are unable to get the Police clearance or a denial from the Ministry. I might also be able to get a Character verification letter from my previous employers in Qatar stating that I left on my own terms and with no outstanding legal issues.*

Are there any other documents that might help? has anyone else gone through a similar situation? Are there any 3rd parties that performs independent police verification and are they acceptable by the US embassy?*

Please help !*

Contact the nearest Qatari embassy and ask them to issue a document stating that you cannot get any such police clearance. They might even give you a document stating you have no record in Qatar.

Are there any other documents that might help? has anyone else gone through a similar situation? Are there any 3rd parties that performs independent police verification and are they acceptable by the US embassy?*