K-3 Visa Process (US Citizen Marrying Indian Citizen in Delhi, India)

RoamingGnomeJ

Hi Everyone,

I need some advice and help. I am getting married on November 14, 2008 in Delhi, India. I am a US Citizen by birth right and he is an Indian Citizen. I am wondering as to the process in India to apply for a K-3 Visa. Realizing the fact that there are a variety of experiences out there from folks being able to come right away after marriage to the typical 6-8 months waiting period. Please provide experiences as to what you have done in a similiar situation to mine?

1) Do you have to fill anything out here in the US prior to going to India and getting married?
2) Our marriage certificate will come from India
3) We do have all of the recommended proofs needed: Bank/Tax/Pictures/Wedding cards/photos
4) Which forms prior to going for an Interview at the Delhi consulate must I fill out?

Appreciate the help!

J:)

Check Direct Consular Filing process in India... You need to file I-130 and G-325a first.. you don't need to apply that before you go to get married. While you are waiting for I-130 to be cleared, you can also apply for NIV (non immigrant visa) using I-129 F... this has to be done once you filed your I-130 and got your receipt.... NIV is usually faster and for ppl to get their spouse here sooner and then do the GC here itself... I think check out DCF .. if you can do that.... apply for I-130 rite away once you have your marriage certificate with you. I have filed for my wife and waiting rite now... Congratulation on getting married.