K-3 Visa if applied in person

nyliberty

Has anyone gone through the K-3 Visa process in India.??

Does anyone know how long the Visa process takes if your applying in person at the US Embassy in New Delhi...
I am a US Citizen and wife to be is in India.. I am getting married in India in about 2 months time, and after the wedding we both will goto the US Embassy and file in person. Instead of me filing in the US, i am applying directly at the US Embassy. Does anyone know how much time it would appx. tale for my wife to get her Visa...just wondering how long this process takes till she is called for an Interview..

Is there anything i need to give to her as far as documents when she is called for an interview...

Any help is much appreciated..

Thanks for your time...

its better if you apply in India. It will take about 2-3 months for this case to be processed.

Is there some exception in India?

One of the requirements in K3 is that the US Citizen has to file in the US after I-130 has been filed.

DCF @ Delhi

DCF is definately faster and you bypass all the backlog at USCIS. The living in India requirement for DCF filers is generally waived. If i had known about DCF I would have filed that instead of going K3 and having to deal with mumbai.

you dont have to live there

they usually will waive the 'live in india 6 months' requirement. all is necessary is you are there to apply with the 1-130. you bypass the uscis here altogether, and they have ead & everything. its much quicker process, 3 months average to the interview date. the 1-130 gets adjudicated by the consulate instead of by the us service centers.

Is DCF possible, if marriage is taken place in USA.

For a Family emergency i had to come back to India on a Single entry visa. I am married to a US citizen in USA. So does the Delhi consulate approve DCF for a person married in USA or i shall have to file from USA only.

Many Thanks.