K-3 Visa Ex-Pat Aid worker with baby on the way!

Nicaragua448

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I am an ex-pat aid worker living and working abroad in Nicaragua. My Nicaraguan wife and I are expecting our first child together December of this year. I have been working abroad for the past 2+ years and have just under a year remaining in my contract. I am currently looking into the K-3 spouse visa as a means of bringing my family back to the United States after my contract is up. I have done some research on the K-3 visa and am left with 2 questions/concerns.

1. I am wondering if we should wait to file the K-3 application until our baby is born in December. We are wanting to move forward with the process as quickly as possible but also understand the benefits of waiting. For the sake of time (remember my contract is up in <1 year) should we move forward with the application or wait until the baby is born?

2. As I am currently working abroad for a NGO (although payed through organizations US sector) my current salary is below the US poverty line. I am wondering if I can have a one of my parents co-sponsor BOTH I-134 and I-864 affidavit of support without problem.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions of comments any of you have.
Cheers