K-3 question

All done and shes home here in San Antonio. We originally filed both the I130 and the I129F and got a notice a couple months into the process that the I129F was closed. The interview was short and was the usual questions to try to determine if the marriage was real, "how many times had I visted her, what did I do for a living" things like that. The had originally said that the visa would be ready on friday but called her to tell them that it would not be ready until monday. She went back to casa embassy and got it on monday and I had her on a plane on wednesday. Don't really know what to expect on the rest of the process to citizenship but i will let you know when i find out. It was a tough 7 months but we were very meticulous and made sure the package looked good. Good Luck to all.

That's great Jason and Congrats dude. Thanks for the update. It's certainly a long road and I am 4 months into it already without any I130 approval so I can imagine. Also, I thought I had subscribed to this thread but somehow it stopped sending me updates and I am just getting around to seeing it. I am not sure if you are still checking this but if you are and if you could, could you please let me know what documents the Consulate had asked of your wife at the time of interview for Immigrant Visa processing? It would help me to prepare beforehand. Also, just to be clear they had done communication of "choice of agent form" and visa processing fees over the email itself as you had explained earlier. After that, they sent her the Visa Interview letter that had the checklist of documents, right? She just went with all the documents on July 21st or whenever the interview was and it was approved and the rest is history.

All done and shes home here in San Antonio. We originally filed both the I130 and the I129F and got a notice a couple months into the process that the I129F was closed. The interview was short and was the usual questions to try to determine if the marriage was real, "how many times had I visted her, what did I do for a living" things like that. The had originally said that the visa would be ready on friday but called her to tell them that it would not be ready until monday. She went back to casa embassy and got it on monday and I had her on a plane on wednesday. Don't really know what to expect on the rest of the process to citizenship but i will let you know when i find out. It was a tough 7 months but we were very meticulous and made sure the package looked good. Good Luck to all.

She took nothing to the interview except the Interview letter and her passport. The first thing they asked her for was for wedding pics. She told them that we did have any because we do not take photos. Everything that was needed was already in the package that I had sent from the US to the NVC. I did take alot of time to make sure that everything that is required would be in that package including tax returns and even sent transcripts to back it up. I sent copies of current paystubs and a letter from my employer. If you look at the instructions on the the state.gov website you will see that everything is already in the package you send to the National Visa Center (NVC) and nothing is else should be required. I was prepared for them to give us an RFE(request for additional info) and felt confident that I could send any information they required from the US. I also didn't worry too much because I had made 4 trips to morocco in the last year and if it was necessary I was willing to fly back and go to consulate to push the process through. I did the "choice of agent form" and paid the fees over the internet and I was pretty happy with the fast responses through email that we got from the NVC. Don't be afraid to call them if you have a delay because they do answer the phone and they will give you some assistance. They did have a delay setting an appointment date for the interview and mysteriously, the day after I called the NVC we got an interview date by email. After the interview they gave her back all the docs that I had sent to the NVC and gave here a green paper and told her to come back on friday but then rescheduled her for monday. When she got there monday, it was the usual moroccan inefficiency. First they said they had not visa for her, then after showing them the paper and telling them that she was called, they pulled the file and said that it was incomplete and could not issue the visa. They told her that my tax info was missing, but after pressing them a little and telling them it was there, they found it and took and extra hour to issue the visa. But anybody that's every been to morocco knows that's the way it is there. I still have not received anything in the mail regarding her social security info. If I don't get something soon, i'm going to have to check on it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you dude. You have been a great help. So, I just read the State.gov process and it's pretty clear. Just one question. As far as medical exam is concerned and things like Police certificate, assuming your wife needed to get one, did She at her end take care of all those documents and sent those documents to you first and you sent all those to NVC in that package?

She took nothing to the interview except the Interview letter and her passport. The first thing they asked her for was for wedding pics. She told them that we did have any because we do not take photos. Everything that was needed was already in the package that I had sent from the US to the NVC. I did take alot of time to make sure that everything that is required would be in that package including tax returns and even sent transcripts to back it up. I sent copies of current paystubs and a letter from my employer. If you look at the instructions on the the state.gov website you will see that everything is already in the package you send to the National Visa Center (NVC) and nothing is else should be required. I was prepared for them to give us an RFE(request for additional info) and felt confident that I could send any information they required from the US. I also didn't worry too much because I had made 4 trips to morocco in the last year and if it was necessary I was willing to fly back and go to consulate to push the process through. I did the "choice of agent form" and paid the fees over the internet and I was pretty happy with the fast responses through email that we got from the NVC. Don't be afraid to call them if you have a delay because they do answer the phone and they will give you some assistance. They did have a delay setting an appointment date for the interview and mysteriously, the day after I called the NVC we got an interview date by email. After the interview they gave her back all the docs that I had sent to the NVC and gave here a green paper and told her to come back on friday but then rescheduled her for monday. When she got there monday, it was the usual moroccan inefficiency. First they said they had not visa for her, then after showing them the paper and telling them that she was called, they pulled the file and said that it was incomplete and could not issue the visa. They told her that my tax info was missing, but after pressing them a little and telling them it was there, they found it and took and extra hour to issue the visa. But anybody that's every been to morocco knows that's the way it is there. I still have not received anything in the mail regarding her social security info. If I don't get something soon, i'm going to have to check on it. I'll let you know how it goes.

No problem, and yes, she went to the police station and got her certificate showing she had no criminal record, and she went to the local court and got her record showing she had never been married. She then sent them to me via fed ex and and I had them translated from arabic to english and sent the originals, along with the translation in the package to NVC. The instructions weren't clear to me as to whether or not they needed to be translated so I did it anyway, and i'm glad I did because when the opened the package they told her that she needed to get the local papers translated, but then she told them I already had and that they were in the package. The found them inside the package of course. So yes, have them get the papers and you will send it all in to NVC since you will be the agent. As far as the medical exam goes, they gave her a list of doctors and after the exam they gave her a sealed envelope and told her to take it with her to the interview. So I guess that, plus her passport and the interview letter was all she took in.

Ok, Thanks man. This makes it most clear. I wish you and your family all the best. I may have a question or two as I go along in the process but I think I am good with the overall understanding of it. Much appreciated.

Well, it's been 32 days since my wife arrived from morocco on her visa and we still have not received anything from USCIS. I called them about a week ago and they told me over the phone that we should receive a welcome pack within 30 days and if we didn't get it to call and check so I called again this morning. They transferred me to a supervisor who stated that New York (where she came in) has not sent the package on to the service center and recommend we make an appointment through infopass to have the package traced. Got lucky and got an appointment today and when we got there they gave us a piece of paper which stated that her visa is good for 1 year and that they have 6 months to send us something. The paper also said that we can use her passport and Visa to get her social security card and drivers license or work if she wants. The lady was patient and explained that we needed to go and get her social even though it asked if we wanted it on the Visa Application. She also explained that my wife is conditional resident since we've been married less than 2 years and that we should get a conditional resident card within 6 months. She then stated that 90 days prior to the 2 year period we need to complete form I751 to remove conditions so that she can get her 10 year permanent resident card. We are also eligible to apply for citizenship after she's been her for 3 years and then we can finally be done with all this stuff.

dude,
You are a godsend! Thanks for the update. I am still stuck in the first phase of I-130/I-129F and it's been 4 months 3 weeks already. I guess they are pushing it to the 5 months and beyond window.
---------------------------------------
Well, it's been 32 days since my wife arrived from morocco on her visa and we still have not received anything from USCIS. I called them about a week ago and they told me over the phone that we should receive a welcome pack within 30 days and if we didn't get it to call and check so I called again this morning. They transferred me to a supervisor who stated that New York (where she came in) has not sent the package on to the service center and recommend we make an appointment through infopass to have the package traced. Got lucky and got an appointment today and when we got there they gave us a piece of paper which stated that her visa is good for 1 year and that they have 6 months to send us something. The paper also said that we can use her passport and Visa to get her social security card and drivers license or work if she wants. The lady was patient and explained that we needed to go and get her social even though it asked if we wanted it on the Visa Application. She also explained that my wife is conditional resident since we've been married less than 2 years and that we should get a conditional resident card within 6 months. She then stated that 90 days prior to the 2 year period we need to complete form I751 to remove conditions so that she can get her 10 year permanent resident card. We are also eligible to apply for citizenship after she's been her for 3 years and then we can finally be done with all this stuff.

Here's what i know about K3 Visa
-US citizens intending to bring their foreign spouse into the country should file a non-immigrant US K3 Spouse Visa also known as K3 Spouse Visa.

Once the K3 marriage visa is issued and applicant is allowed to enter the U.S., the alien spouse must apply for an Adjustment of Status (AOS) to convert the non-immigrant status into that of an immigrant. The K-3 visa is valid for two (2) years.

Once the K-3 visa is issued, holders are now allowed to work while in the United States as long as they get the required Employment Authorization Document from the local USCIS.

Here's what i know about K3 Visa
-US citizens intending to bring their foreign spouse into the country should file a non-immigrant US K3 Spouse Visa also known as K3 Spouse Visa.

Once the K3 marriage visa is issued and applicant is allowed to enter the U.S., the alien spouse must apply for an Adjustment of Status (AOS) to convert the non-immigrant status into that of an immigrant. The K-3 visa is valid for two (2) years.

Once the K-3 visa is issued, holders are now allowed to work while in the United States as long as they get the required Employment Authorization Document from the local USCIS.

According to USCIS the process does not require an adjustment of status (AOS) but rather a removal of conditions at the two year period, which will make the spouse a permanent resident. This removal of conditions is not the adjustment of status because that was done at the time the visa was issued. The last form we need to complete is form 751, not 485. All docs including the affidavit of support have were completed and sent in at the time of visa so we are just waiting for the welcome package and the conditional resident card. (according to USCIS)

of course you can apply fo a tourist visa but the chance is not that high considering that she is a spouse of a US citizen.

Obviously you do not understand this post. Anyway, finally received the welcome letter. (albeit a month late) It said we should receive more information within the next 30 days. I'll let you know what it says when it comes in. Another thing that did not work properly was the social security card. Form DS230 allows you to request a card but when I asked about the status of the card when I went to USCIS they informed me that we needed to go to social security to apply for it because we would not receive one from the DS230. Went to social security which was quick and confirmed that the info from USCIS was correct and ordered us the card which we received a week later. Nothing in this process is as it is supposed to be. I think USCIS likes to keep it this way because if the process was clear and transparent it would be easier for commit fraud. This process is frustrating and confusing even for honest citizens but don't give up because it's worth it. As always good luck to all.

Well, the CR1 Green Card finally came in. It's good for 2 years. USCIS says that sixty days before expiration we have to apply to remove conditions which will make her a full permanent resident and she will get a 10 year card, but at year 3 she is eligible to apply for citizenship. I guess that's it folks, and as always, good luck to all.