K-1 / I-129F takes forever ...

Crazy57

Registered Users (C)
Submitted I-129F for K-1 visa in October last year and my status still shows Initial Review after almost 6 months. Meanwhile the processing time for I-129F at the California center increased from 5 to 7.5 months. I called USCIS twice. A month ago they said the California center was processing I-129F petitions filed in July 2012. I called again yesterday and they said California is processing I-129F petitions filed in June 2012. How is that possible? Do they go backwards? Is it a strategy to make you give up?

Thanks,
Crazy57

Anybody else willing to share his/her recent experience with I-129F? Submission date? Resolution date?
Thank you,
Crazy57

since july 18 2012

Submitted I-129F for K-1 visa in October last year and my status still shows Initial Review after almost 6 months. Meanwhile the processing time for I-129F at the California center increased from 5 to 7.5 months. I called USCIS twice. A month ago they said the California center was processing I-129F petitions filed in July 2012. I called again yesterday and they said California is processing I-129F petitions filed in June 2012. How is that possible? Do they go backwards? Is it a strategy to make you give up?

Thanks,
Crazy57

Hello Crazy57,
My boyfriend called 3 times this year, in February, april and may and the answer was that they were working on cases filed in july 18 (sounds like they got stucked on july 18). It`s a joke... we filed our process in December 24, since then we haven`t heard anything. :(

Hey Crazy57, I understand you could call the USCIS and ask for ur case to be expedited if it has been over the regular processing time.

Check out the thread I opened about tracking the K-1 Visa.