K-1 Fiance Visa

TALOZIE

Hello Everyone

I am new to the forum, I wonder if anyone can help me with information regarding the Time frame of the Fiance Visa.

March 19th - the Fiance Visa package was overnighted to the Vermont Service Center.

March 25th - the check was cashed
March 31st - I recieved the receipt of I29f
April 21st - My fiance visa was approved

My file was sent to the NVC, does anyone no how long this will take before it reaches the US embassy Nigeria.

Or how long it will take before my fiance is granted an interview with the embassy

HELP

Good News!!!!! We got the letter that our Visa package has been sent to Lagos Nigeria within a week.

With GOD's grace we will receive an interview in the shortest possible time.

March 19th - File ovvernighted to INS
March 25th - the check was cashed by INS
March 31st - I recieved the receipt of I29f
April 21st - My fiance visa was approved

April 28th - file sent to Lagos, Nigeria
April 21st - the Fiance Visa package was overnighted to the Vermont Service Center.

i would like to ask u......

:) Hi! im tawana and im also looking to apply for a fiancee visa (k1) and i was wondering did u apply for it yourself, was it easy to do if u did do it yourself? my fiancee lives in Canada but he is a foreigner and originally from Zimbabwe, South Africa which has made it tough for him to even visit so i wanted to apply for the fiancee visa and im thinking maybe it will not take long if and when i do apply. Could u provide some insight on this? Thanks!

That was pretty fast Talozie. It took me just over 9 months to get everything squared away and get my wife here in the US. My file was delayed due to my negligence of not including the I130 receipt with the initial I129F filling. Be sure to do so Tawana when you get ready to file.

Hi,
I think I have finally come to the right place.
I am in the same shoes with you all, but that is in my mind now.
I want to apply for my fiance in Nigeria, we have never met except just corespondence and webcam. I hope to file for a K visa for him since we are not yet married.
My question is this. What documents and filing forms do I need to send right now to Texas?
Please help me!! :confused:

Fiance Visa Timeline and application

Hey Guys,

I had recently applied for my fiancee's visa at the Texas Service Center but the case was forwarded to the California Service Center. here's my time line:

Case receipt date: March 8, 2006
Case Approval Date: May 3, 2006

Currently, the case has been forwarded to the National Visa Cetnter (NVC) waiting to be forwarded to the Embassy in Islamabad, Pakistan. Does anyone happen to know how long this would take to get forwarded and how much more time might have been left approximately?

thanks to all.

fiance visa

hi all..am new to tis forum..please guide me as to how long it takes for fiance visa to come..im in mumbai and my fiance in chicago..also..wats the success rate of fiance visa???
please help us out..
thank you..

dec1775]

I think you will probably need a lawyer since the requirement is tha you must have met with your fiance within the past two years. However, two conditions exist that can waive this condition:
1) Due to cultural requirement
2) Travel will cause you economic hardship

You should however apply for a waiver for this requirement. I do not know where and how you can apply for this waiver and that is where attorney comes in. Maybe someone in this forum might help with that

N/B: The current I29f will expire Decemner 31, 2006. Use a new form when you are ready okay.

dec1775 said:
Hi,
I think I have finally come to the right place.
I am in the same shoes with you all, but that is in my mind now.
I want to apply for my fiance in Nigeria, we have never met except just corespondence and webcam. I hope to file for a K visa for him since we are not yet married.
My question is this. What documents and filing forms do I need to send right now to Texas?
Please help me!! :confused:

Step by Step said:
I need to apply for a waiver for not meeting with my fiance within the past two years.

I met with my fiance twice: last four years and a little over two years ago. I can not travel now because of my school intensive program. Could not travel during this christmas because my citizenship interview comes up early January.

In order to waive the condition on I29f, I need to apply for a waiver based on the above reasons. My questions is:

1) Is there any form to use to apply for this waiver?
2) If there is no form, do I just write a simple letter to the service center?
3) Does this waiver request goes with the I29f or request for waiver and wait for a reply before applying :(
If you do not meet your fiance in the last 2 yrs, your chances of getting rejected are very high, do you want to take that chance?
Waiver does not work all the time, it better to prevent than cure later.
In your case, if your fiance gets rejected, then it will be a nightmare with uscis and the consulate.
Goodluck.

I would very strongly advise you not to go down this avenue. I entered the US on a K-1 in 2002. It is a relatively easy visa to acquire provided you fulfil the two most important requirements:-
(1) Both the sponsor and beneficiary are free and willing to marry
(2) Both the sponsor and beneficiary have met during the last two years

Not fulfiling #2 will create unneccessary hassle for you both. Waiver will be very hard to acquire and will need a very good reason. Not knowing which consulate the beneficiary will utilise, I can only tell you that for certain consulates, requesting a waiver will automatically raise a red flag for you both. I went through one of the easiest K-1 consulates (Montreal), but my fiancee'/sponsor (now wife) still accompanied me to the interview, even though we had ample proof of meeting every month leading to the interview.

Step by Step said:
1) Is there any form to use to apply for this waiver?
2) If there is no form, do I just write a simple letter to the service center?
3) Does this waiver request goes with the I29f or request for waiver and wait for a reply before applying :(

Step by Step said:
Please what kind of evidence do USCIS require to be convinced that one actually met with the fiance (besides airline boarding pass and pictures). Do they also require proof of engagement?

If the tax transcript does not have 'enough' money (being a student). Can one use someone's else tax/account information as affidavit of support. If this is the case, is it the same affidavit of support form that is used for green card. Please help?
Each case is unique in what one could submit to show proof of having met in the required two year period. They don't require proof of engagement but you may send that proof if it is available.

The affidavit of support that may be used for the K interview is the I-134. The I-864 will be used when you get to the adjustment of status stage once in the U.S. Another can be the sponsor to complete the I-134. A joint-sponsor may be used when filing the I-864

www.familybasedimmigration.com/forum