Just became US Citizen

Kali_Krishna

Hi everyone

I just became USC but I have a question.
My baby was born abroad and lives abroad with the mother.
She is 2 months old.
I just became citizen 2 days ago.

Do i have to file I130 for my baby or does N600 form apply to me in this case?

Please give me some suggestions on what are my options.

Thanks

What's your relation to the mother? I mean, are you married? Does the mother have a Green Card? With the information you've given us the baby hasn't derived citizenship so the N-600 doesn't seem to apply. As you are talking about I-130 I assume the baby doesn't have a Green Card (thus as I mentioned, N-600 doesn't apply). The baby will derive citizenship the moment she comes to the US on a Green Card and is in the physical and legal custody of you. Look for child citizenship act of 2000. Perhaps other people might suggest other avenues.

I think the problem here is that the baby was born when the father (the original poster) was not a citizen yet. I don't think N600k applies here, but I might be wrong. If the mother has a Green Card now and travels with the baby to the US on both mother's and baby's first trip back to the US after the baby's birth I think the baby gets an immediate green card, in that case it could derive citizenship through the child citizenship act of 2000. However, without more information from the original poster about the mother it is hard to say anything else.

Tell me what is going on

I filed my N-400 to Phoenix on August 4 and that of my wife on August 5th. I did my Interview in Detroit on the 21st of October and my wife on the 30th of October and were both approved. My wife got her Oath letter and became a citizen today at the Federal court in Detroit.

I am just wondering what could have happened to my oath letter and how can I check? I am just afraid either lost in mail...or whatever. Someone help!