Angela Reina

I originally started my US citizenship in the state of Arizona through a lawyer a friend recommended. Things went well and I decided to move to Nevada and informed my lawyer I was going to do so, however I told them that my address I had on file with them will remain the same. I got the call in Nevada about a ceremony and I was excited, but I didn't know that the jurisdiction had changed to Nevada! My lawyer didn't inform me nor did the letters say anything about it, HOWEVER, I noticed I got TWO letters in the mail about my ceremony and they both said Arizona. I recently moved back to Arizona as things were not working out in Nevada.

Well I went to my ceremony appointment and they told me the jurisdiction was in Nevada now and I have to go make an appointment there! Turns out my 30day notice ends on May 14th, but there is no appointments till after that date. I now have to go back to Nevada and explain to them what happened. I am furious because my lawyer did not inform me that moving would change jurisdictions. I am worried that I will have to go through the process again or that some other type of bad luck might happen. Can someone, anyone lighten my day up and let me know what I can do to make this process a little smoother?

My lawyers assistant tried to make an appointment for me in Nevada for this Friday, but she kept getting an error. I am worried I'll miss the 30 day mark and have to redo the ceremony again. I would love to have my ceremony done ASAP and not wait because my lawyer messed up and did not inform me of this change in jurisdiction.