July Bulletin is OUT, I don't believe it

Ray!

U never know. See the important note in July VB.

E. EMPLOYMENT-BASED VISA AVAILABILITY DURING THE COMING MONTHS

All Employment Preference categories except for Third “Other Workers” have been made “Current” for July. This has been done in an effort to generate increased demand by Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) for adjustment of status cases, and to maximize number use under the annual numerical limit. However, all readers should be alert to the possibility that not all Employment preferences will remain Current for the remainder of the fiscal year. Should the rate of demand for numbers be very heavy in the coming months, it could become necessary to retrogress some cut-off dates for September, most likely for China-mainland born and India, but also possibly for Mexico and Philippines. Severe cut-off date retrogressions are likely to occur early in FY-2008.

i hope there won't be any problem for others that don't belong to the listed countries in coming days.

but this is still a very good news for all of us to enjoy.....
finally wait is over.....

This has nothing to do with PERM. Based on which category your Labor Certification has been filed under (EB2 or EB3), once your LC clears, you can file for the 2nd and 3rd stages (I-140 and I-485) if your priority date is current.

Example: Your priority date is 11/2005, i.e. you filed your Labor Certification sometime in November 2005 under the EB3 category. And you are from China. Look up the July visa bulletin and see what dates are showing for China under EB3. If it is any date after 11/2005 or if it says Current, then you can apply for the 2 remaining stages concurrently. If the date shows a date before 11/2005, then your category/country is retrogressed and you will have to wait until that date ctaches up with your Priority date or becomes current.

For the past few years dates were very heavily retrogressed, especially for folks from China and India under the EB3 categories. Over the past 2 months, these dates have progressed significantly and a lot of people are now eligible to apply for the final stages of their green cards. Retrogression was mainly due to a high number of LC cases being filed, but an in-sufficient number of immigrant visas (green cards) being avilable in the last stage. So a bottle neck was being created causing long waits until people could actually apply for their last stages.

You can get your LC either through the traditional or RIR route or through PERM. Your LC certification, like mine, is still awaiting approval. After that everyone stands in the I-140/I-485 queue again. My dates are current, but I have to wait for my LC to be approved before I can file for these last 2 stages. There is also speculation that dates might retrogress again sometime in the future, which will be very unfortunate.

Hope this makes some sense. Good luck.

hi!
which rows are current
mine RIR is still " in Progress" with BPEC
you mean EB3 is current so we can apply for PERM
please explain
thanks

July 17th Update

As per today's bulletin all EB categories are current till Aug -17th This obviously implies 100s of thousands will apply now. So people who are waiting for LC approval ( final stages) may have to face the worst retrogression next year. for example someone's Labor is approved on Aug -18th or shortly after with 2003 PD or before

do you think they can apply in Oct-07 ( fy08) and immediately after ? what would be the retrogression ? USCIS could make Numbers Unavaiable for 2years now that they made everything Current for 2 months, because of the volume of people who applied now.

If such is the case, it might be better for Consular Processing at I 485

As per today's bulletin all EB categories are current till Aug -17th This obviously implies 100s of thousands will apply now. So people who are waiting for LC approval ( final stages) may have to face the worst retrogression next year. for example someone's Labor is approved on Aug -18th or shortly after with 2003 PD or before

do you think they can apply in Oct-07 ( fy08) and immediately after ? what would be the retrogression ? USCIS could make Numbers Unavaiable for 2years now that they made everything Current for 2 months, because of the volume of people who applied now.

If such is the case, it might be better for Consular Processing at I 485

Now we that have been waiting for so long are the ones to suffer... Would it be possible, though, that after Oct 07 DOS would retrogress numbers again but at least allow for filling I-485 for people with old PD?

Any thoughts?

what if labor hard copy is not received before aug 17th

this can be messy for unfortunates like us. Wait for 5 years for labor and then wait for another (god knows how many more) years for 485. If thousands apply, they may make all categories "unavailable" for few months/years before giving any backtracked date. So even if one gets labor approved before aug 17and dont get hard copy after aug 18th... wait more??

this can be messy for unfortunates like us. Wait for 5 years for labor and then wait for another (god knows how many more) years for 485. If thousands apply, they may make all categories "unavailable" for few months/years before giving any backtracked date. So even if one gets labor approved before aug 17and dont get hard copy after aug 18th... wait more??

Yha...That is really sad and it looks like all EB categories will be retrogress in October as close to 100,000 people will apply for I-485 (that mean half of the quota for FY 2008 is gone). I am also in same boat (PD Feb 2002) and still waiting for labor. :mad: :(