July & August Tracker!!!!!!With no reciept yet

Hi Guys....
Tomorrow is "the day"....I'm not going to lie...I'm very stressed out but in the same time trying to be cool about it.Still need to take care of few letters from our employers and a bank.Question....What should we wear?I dont think it should be too formal...what do You think??

Hi Guys....
Tomorrow is "the day"....I'm not going to lie...I'm very stressed out but in the same time trying to be cool about it.Still need to take care of few letters from our employers and a bank.Question....What should we wear?I dont think it should be too formal...what do You think??

On the advice of our lawyer, we just wore casual clothes (not jeans and t-shirts but nice slacks/pants and shirt).

I know how you feel about the stress. I didn't sleep at all the night before our interview. And I was more nervous than hubby was until the whole thing was finally over.

Good Luck tomorrow!!

Father's interview - yes/no decision ??

Myself and my father went to the interview today.

Provided all the documents and she asked several questions for which I have provided answers (where do I work? why did you move here etc etc).

At the end, she told "I have all I need and interview is completed". You will receive a notification in mail if we need more information or the result!

Passport of not stamped, Travel (AP) documents, I-94 taken.
She inquired about my mother's interview and I mentioned that her case is approved and card is in hand!

What should I expect now??

Hi Guys....

Nikaa,

I just remembered your interview was today. I hope everything went alright:)

Hi Guys....

Just got back from our interview...We got there at 9.30AM.Our app was at 10.30AM.They called us in at like 10.05AM.The IO was a very young guy...he was very polite and nice.He swore us in and asked if we were married for the first time.Then he asked us about children if we had any...we said no.Then he asked me no no no questions and it was funny because I knew all the answers so I was kind of rushing it and he started laughing at me and asked me if I will let him finish the question before I answer:)
he asked my hubby how we did we meet and what he does for work.I think just because I put our photo album on his desk he looked at them but not really carefully.Then he asked me about my birth certificate if it was a new version because he has never seen it like this...I said it must be the EU thing:)then He asked for any insurance proof...we gave him our health insurance stats and thats it:)...he gave me a stamp and told us what to do 2 years from now:)
we were done after about 8 min.everything went smooth and nice:)
I think it was good that we were not really nervous or anything so...

Thank you very much for all your help and support:)good luck to everyone and Alleluja:)

Hi Guys....

Just got back from our interview...We got there at 9.30AM.Our app was at 10.30AM.They called us in at like 10.05AM.The IO was a very young guy...he was very polite and nice.He swore us in and asked if we were married for the first time.Then he asked us about children if we had any...we said no.Then he asked me no no no questions and it was funny because I knew all the answers so I was kind of rushing it and he started laughing at me and asked me if I will let him finish the question before I answer:)
he asked my hubby how we did we meet and what he does for work.I think just because I put our photo album on his desk he looked at them but not really carefully.Then he asked me about my birth certificate if it was a new version because he has never seen it like this...I said it must be the EU thing:)then He asked for any insurance proof...we gave him our health insurance stats and thats it:)...he gave me a stamp and told us what to do 2 years from now:)

Thank you very much for all your help and support:)good luck to everyone and Alleluja:)

CONGRATS Nikaaa!! :)

So happy to see people getting APPROVED...please let me know if I can assist any one with interview questions.

First and first and foremost, congratulations Nakiaa.

May I ask what did the IO tell you to do in 2 years?

Hi Guys....

Congratulations Nikaa!!!!!!!! I am very happy for you:)

If Jesus is so great, where's my interview letter?

Longview, I can imagine how you must fel about this long wait. looking at your timeline I can only think of 2 things. Either someone in the ofice overloked yoiur file mistakelly and passed it on as processed or your district office is so jamb up with applicans that they can not accomodate new interviews as soon as they are suppose to.
If I was in your she, i will call the 1 600 mnu,ber at least 3x a day and each time you call and the first operator ask you of your receipt number, ell them you do not have it yet or give them a wrong one, then and only will they transfer you to an immigration officer and you give them your receipt number to really look into your case. another option is scheduling an info-pass and going to your DO to talk to an imigration officer in person.
Good luck.

congratulations NIKKA. and remeber to cash yor 1500.00 check that wil come in the mail for all your pain and suffring during this long waittin periond...lol...

congratulations NIKKA. and remeber to cash yor 1500.00 check that wil come in the mail for all your pain and suffring during this long waittin periond...lol...

Thank You very much but I got to tell YOu that I"m not really getting it about that 1500 check?Am i missing something?:):cool:

PS.Card production ordered 03/19/08:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question about traveling once you receive your Green Card.

My hubby received his Green Card on Feb 28th. I want to know, what does he need to travel home at this point? Is there a form he has to submit to travel?

Please help.

Hi Guys...
Just want to let You know that I got welcome letter today::)

tjoy....as far as I think You dont need anything once You get the Green card...It is all he needs besides his passport.Please correct me if Im wrong!:)

have a good one
Nikaa

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got my Green Card in mail:)Thank You everyone for your help and support:)good to have You:)

Good luck to all:)

I just got my Green Card in mail:)Thank You everyone for your help and support:)good to have You:)

Good luck to all:)

Congrats Nikaa!!! I am happy for you. I have my interview on april 22nd, hopefully it would be smooth as yours:)

Congrats Nikaa!!! I am happy for you. I have my interview on april 22nd, hopefully it would be smooth as yours:)
\

Thank You:)and dont worry about it....your interview will be easy and smooth!I promise:)I will keep my fingers cross for You!!!

Interview @ Hartford Office

Today was our interview. We got there at 8.00am and our app was at 8.30AM.They called us in around 8:35AM.The IO was a very nice man. He swore us in and asked my hubby what he does for a living.Then he asked us if we married for papers and we together said NO (he laughed!) He asked us if we really knew why we were there, and we said yes. Then he asked me the no questions.
After that he asked about joint papers. I took to the interview two binders. one with original papers and another binder with copies, so I offered him the whole binder, he laughed and said that he just needed some proof, so we gave him our auto insurance and our bank joint account. Then he said that we were approved and congratulate us..he stamped my passport and told us what to do 2 years from now. He took the I-94, EAD and EAD of the OPT. He said I will be receiving the card in three weeks.
We were done after about 15 min.everything went smooth and nice. The IO was super nice and he make us feel very comfortable and relax.

Thanks to all of you!!