• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

July 2017 Visa Bulletin

I am not as acknowledgeable as Britsimon and others and I'm still learning about the whole process (So don't take me too seriously),...but I did some math and I think the highest CN for Africa should be around 55000,...and IF no new (and unpredictable) variables mess up the process (although with Trump and the overselection in EU and AS there may have some surprises for AF),....there is slight chance (maybe 20-30%) the region will go current,...and if things don't go as predicted and there is a cut off,...it may be somewhere between 45XXX and 50XXX. Anyway, what is 100% sure is that the border between the safe zone and the range of turbulence is AF43000.

Any input?

so is CN:2018AF000175xx safe ?

DV-17 MAY ISSUANCES

uc

TOP 15 of the MONTH

uc

More than half the visas from SA come from Venezuela, leave some for the rest of us! :(

Venezuela has something like 2/3 of the selectees for SA. (Scroll to near the end https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...ulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-july-2017.html). It makes perfect sense that they have more than half of issued visas. It's not a conspiracy to deny the rest of you visas. The population of the country and relatively high entry rates, plus the fact that a few high population SA countries are not eligible for DV, results in this outcome.

Venezuela has something like 2/3 of the selectees for SA. (Scroll to near the end https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...ulletin/2017/visa-bulletin-for-july-2017.html). It makes perfect sense that they have more than half of issued visas. It's not a conspiracy to deny the rest of you visas. The population of the country and relatively high entry rates, plus the fact that a few high population SA countries are not eligible for DV, results in this outcome.
More than half the visas from SA come from Venezuela, leave some for the rest of us! :(

Yep - More entries = more selectees = more visas. No conspiracy.