Judicial Oath Ceremony in Atlanta

N400Atl

Registered Users (C)
Does anybody know schedule of judicial oath ceremony in Atlanta DO for next few months? Anybody got letter for judicial oath ceremony? My wife has her case approved in April 2007 and wanted a name change. Still no letter from DO. Took 3-4 infopass appt and each time was told that her case is "waiting for Oath to be scheduled" state.

Please let me know if anybody received letter for judicial oath (in front of judge, not at DO office) in Atlanta DO recently.

I know

One of my friend is also falls into same story.
she passed interview on Feb8th of this year.
still waiting and she was told Judicial Oaths are delayed because there is not much of interest in Atlanta due to same day admin oaths. People go for same day and if they want a name change they just go to fulton county and it will get get done in one month.

Thanks for reply atlraj,
My wife was told different story. She is told that too many people are asking for name change using judicial oath that it is taking longer to get your turn. A friend of mine had interview on Jan 31 who got oath Aug 10. She said there were about 150 people taking oath that day. I also know that oath dates are fixed in advance (I came to know this during my interview) So they do not wait for certain number of requests before scheduling it. Not sure why they can't schedule 500 people like many other courts do. 150 is very small number considering they interview probably 30-40 people each day. Even if only 10% of those ask for name change, you will have 80-100 each month asking for name change.

In hindsight, we should have gone for district court for name change :-(

Good luck with your case !!

Hello AtlRaj,
Can you please ask your friend if she has received the oath letter (She is in Atlanta DO, right?) If she has, what is the date?

Thanks in advance