Job Letter for TN Status

trusam2001

Registered Users (C)
I am currently working on TN visa and looking for a better opportunity. I have realized that the recruiters try to avoid foreign nationals for the jobs. It is quite hard to convince a company to give a TN job letter in current job market. Is it possible to take an ordinary job letter (which covers everything - job duties, salary, job title, office location) but does not mention anything about NAFTA and TN status eligibility etc. to the POE with other required documents and get a TN visa? I drafted TN job letter for my previous companies and they were willing to sign that letter. But I find it difficult and want to know if I can take regular job letter to the border.

Thanks.

Yes, it is "possible" that an HR could stumble upon an offer letter that contains "everything" a TN letter needs (office location is not a requirement, btw) , but highly unlikley, particularly the required "no longer than three years". Rather than hoping for such a miracle, why not simply point out, if the issue comes up, that you are currently working in the US under TN that was quite easily obtained, and that you can another with minimal input from the employer.

It's not a question of the job market. If they are willing to hire you, then the TN letter is not a problem. It is the "no sponsorship" mindset that's the problem. Just don't call it sponsorship, which is more associated with H1-B and Green card.