Job Description For PERM

bendover

Registered Users (C)
I am trying to work with my lawyer (more like holding his hand) to come up with a job description to get the PW and also advertize in the newspapers. I am really confused about what I can and cannot put in the job description.

1) If we want to go the really safe way and not include any special requirements in the job description, should we simply copy the job requirements from the ONet job description page ?

2) If we do include a few requirements, is DOL going to increase my wage level by 1 point for "special requirements" according to their wage determination worksheet ?

3) Is there a place where I can go and look up some generic job descriptions, that are DOL safe and would not raise any red flags for over customization ?

Job Description

1) Your job decsription should reflect the position. Don't worry about ONET. Just make sure thay the minimum requirements are aligned with ONET and perhaps a couple of phrases of described job duties and qualifications. The ONET codes ar just general guidelines and should be used for reference, not to be used for copying. The main duties and activities should be aligned with the ONET, but you don't have to use the exact same language verbatim.

2) Not if the requirements are considerd normal for the occupation. If the special requirements are higher than the educational or experience of the normal requirements for the wage level, you may have to move up to a higher PW. If the special requirements are on the same educational or experience level, you stay on the same PW. What this means in your specific case is up to you and your employer to decide.

3) Go on job search website like monster.com or americasjobbank.com and look at some positions similar to yours. There is no DOL safe job ad. but if you keep it conistent with similar positions and ONET you should be fine.

Hello,

It is my understanding that the alien should not be involved in the PERM process at all.
The employer bears the entire responsibility for preparing the PERM application.
Asking the alien to participate in the PWD could lead the PERM to get invalidated.
Are they serious about their commitment to sponsorship?
Have you checked if the company has any official written policy about such a sponsorship?

Good luck!