1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. A journalist is interested in finding a Canadian who has overstayed their legal visit to the United States and is willing to talk about their story and why this happened. Given the topic, he said he can quote them anonymously in the story if necessary. Please contact him by "Clicking Here"

Dismiss Notice

Job change options for employer petitioned & sponsored EB-1A (extraordinary ability)

Discussion in 'National Interest Waiver and EB1' started by GC_enquirer, Jan 12, 2017.

1. GC_enquirer

GC_enquirer New Member

Case background
    - Category: EB-1A extraordinary ability
    - Petitioner & Sponsor: Employer
    - Beneficiary: Self

Questions:
    1. Can I change jobs (after receiving EAD) while my I-485 is pending for LESS THAN 6 months without hurting my GC process? Keep in mind, my case is based on my ability, but my case is complicated because the petitioner & sponsor is my employer (not self-petitioned as is typical of EB-1 EA cases.
    1.1 If yes, does my new job have to be in the field in which I have indicated my "extraordinary ability"?
    1.3 If the new job is in another field then what are the repercussions?

2.1 If I change jobs after my I-485 is pending for MORE THAN 6 months (leveraging AC21 rule), does my new job have to be in the field in which I have indicated my "extraordinary ability"?
    2.2 If the new job is in another field then what are the repercussions?

3.1 If I change job right after getting my GC (say, 1 month after getting GC), does my new job have to be in the field in which I have indicated my "extraordinary ability"?
    3.2 If the new job is in another field then what are the repercussions?