• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

January 2015 Visa Bulletin released

Lottery was a tragedy for iranian people in 2014.approximately cases who interviwed after feb couldnt get visa cos of a long period of AP!!!
Do u think could it happen the same this year?!

Lottery was a tragedy for iranian people in 2014.approximately cases who interviwed after feb couldnt get visa cos of a long period of AP!!!
Do u think could it happen the same this year?!

Of course it "could". I haven't seen any real explanation of why it happened like this last year so it's hard to assess if the same reasons exist and mean it's likely.

True. It would be better to have an early cutoff for Iran to avoid a repeat.
So my chance isnt very big?!right?!
I didnt get my 2nd letter and probably my interview would be in march!!!
Cn3300
Submit:9th agu
Ive heard Sarah barrow has told this year the AP will take less time
How d u think?!

Cn3300
How d u think?!

I think someone (an Iranian) interviewing in March or April has a very good chance.

Cn3300
How d u think?!
Cn3300
How d u think?!

Who is Sarah Barrow?

He means "Sarah Grow" the famous CO in Abudhabi who interviewed half of Iranians in that US embassy.
She was CO but since she is very fluent in English, and very popular among Iranians (trough her YouTube channel about US immigration), she got promoted 2 months ago and now she is somewhat a manager in Persian Us embassy (Internet site).
Last month she makes an appearance in Persian VOA (Voice of America) and talks about lottery 2016 and answers telephone questions. At the last moment an Iranian asked why his 2014 AP takes that long which leads to lose his chance and is it possible that in 2015 or 2016 this incident repeats?. she replied a vague answer: Probably it takes less time.
The thing is I couldn't decide what't the meaning of her answer! Is it take less for all Iranian applicants for 2015 lottery or only for the ones who had long AP in 2014 (because they get cleared at last in 2014) and the other thing is if the CO even knows how long AP takes (In that program she insisted that in 2014 3500 Iranian lottery entrants got their visas which we know now for sure it is not even close!)

Well that still is clear as mud. Doesn't change the fact that we don't know the reasons that it took so long in 2014 so don't know if that will repeat other than her vague reassurance that it should be shorter (she can't possibly have been talking about 2014 APs being shorter from the time of interview if she was talking last month as DV2014 was long over). It is odd considering Iran hit maximum in 2013 before the end of the FY so the two years were very different.

she talks about 2015 and 2016 AP's but as you stated it is very vague!
I bet she is the most famous CO in the planet rooting for counselling Tehran's Us embassy when it gets open;)
Other fun fact about her is that she has an Iranian boyfriend! and loves Iranian foods and tradition. I don't know if all of this is PR or true feelings, but either ways it makes her popular!

HI Everyone...
Some winners got the second letter this Friday (12/12/2014).
About my case:

Case No. : 2015EU20***
DS260 submitted: 22/05/2014
DS-260 Resubmitted 06/10/2014
Interview location: Albania
2nl : waiting... current in Dec
Medical : .......
Interview : ........
POE :
GC received : ........
SSN received : ......

Is there any chance for me to get my 2nd letter during this month yet? Is there any specific date for receiving 2nd letter or not?
Many thanks...

In my opinion:
Since resubmitting DS-260 caused your 2nd letter issue delay, If the backlog still exists in upcoming months and nothing gets worse or better, you could receive 2nd letter 5 months after resubmitting date. That would be somewhere March or April.

HI Everyone...
Some winners got the second letter this Friday (12/12/2014).
About my case:

Case No. : 2015EU20***
DS260 submitted: 22/05/2014
DS-260 Resubmitted 06/10/2014
Interview location: Albania
2nl : waiting... current in Dec
Medical : .......
Interview : ........
POE :
GC received : ........
SSN received : ......

Is there any chance for me to get my 2nd letter during this month yet? Is there any specific date for receiving 2nd letter or not?
Many thanks...

Hi @Agnesa15 ! Congrats for being selected as winner for DV2015 !
I don't think the resubmission will cost you extra waiting, unless you edited important information which need to be verified by KCC. If you CN is lower than 20.500 (cutoff for February) you will get the 2nl this month, if not then definitely in January. Pac fat, good luck!

Hi @Agnesa15 ! Congrats for being selected as winner for DV2015 !
I don't think the resubmission will cost you extra waiting, unless you edited important information which need to be verified by KCC. If you CN is lower than 20.500 (cutoff for February) you will get the 2nl this month, if not then definitely in January. Pac fat, good luck!

Thank u @Flori_ALB_NY ... I really appreciate your help.
My CN is lower than 20.500 but the information I added was very very important. Anyway, let's hope for the best. I'll be waiting...
Pac fat edhe ti, Good luck to all...

Hello everyone!
Does anyone know if all the 2NL for february appointments have been sent? I'm SA8XX (current in february) and I sent my 260 in late July. I haven't received my 2NL yet :(
Thanks

Hello everyone!
Does anyone know if all the 2NL for february appointments have been sent? I'm SA8XX (current in february) and I sent my 260 in late July. I haven't received my 2NL yet :(
Thanks

The 2NLs have been sent - I don't think any more will come out now. Seems like you'll have a March interview.