J1 waiver + USCIS

baaba

I applied for a J1 waiver based on objection letter in August 2008. One month later a received a favorable recomendation from Waiver Review Division which was also forward to USCIS.And since then nothing :( I have been waiting now for six months for the final decision from USCIS and really I don't know what I should do now. I've already called USCIS a several times but they had no idea what I was talking about. They sent me back to the DOS, but the DOS said my case was closed and now it is up to USCIS whether I be granted a waiver or not. So I tried one more time - I made an appointment with my local USCIS office but again I got no information (they told me to call DOS one more time).
Anyone had a similar problem??What should I do? Just wait? I am slowly running out of time...
thanks for any help

I applied for a J1 waiver based on objection letter in August 2008. One month later a received a favorable recomendation from Waiver Review Division which was also forward to USCIS.And since then nothing :( I have been waiting now for six months for the final decision from USCIS and really I don't know what I should do now. I've already called USCIS a several times but they had no idea what I was talking about. They sent me back to the DOS, but the DOS said my case was closed and now it is up to USCIS whether I be granted a waiver or not. So I tried one more time - I made an appointment with my local USCIS office but again I got no information (they told me to call DOS one more time).
Anyone had a similar problem??What should I do? Just wait? I am slowly running out of time...
thanks for any help

Try calling your senator from yuor state to petition USCIS and see what happens.
Get another infopass an go to the local USCIS again and ask to speak to a supervisor. Be polite but firm and keep asking about this.

I have applied for a waiver to DOS. Its 8 weeks since they received my documents and the status is pending. But the documents listed do not show the NOC from Embassy of Washington, although the emassy sent it almost 9 weeks ago when they also mailed a copy to me. I do not know what to do and my current J1 expires on May 14. can u tell me if your case status showed if DOS received the NOC or not. Thanks.

What next

I had just received my Form I-797 approval notice based on J-1 waiver. Should I apply for my work permitt or residence permitt?

justice

I had just received my Form I-797 approval notice based on J-1 waiver. Should I apply for my work permitt or residence permitt?

justice

NO, you can not apply for work permitt or residence permitt at this time.

To get "work permitt", the first step for you is to apply for PERM Labor Certification, or EB1/ NIW based I-140 application if the PERM Labor Certification is waived.

After the approval of I-140, you can apply for form I-485 AND EAD (work permitt) and the same time.

Pleasee see http://www.greencardapply.com/perm.htm and http://www.greencardapply.com/i140.htm

Hello, guys. Based upon DOS web, they sent a favorable recommendation letter on July 31. 2009. I desperately want to check my status of I-797 on USCIS.

However, I need "Application Receipt Number"--How can I get this number?

How can I check my I-797 status withour Application Receipt #?