J1 waiver and J2 entry

dr.ss

Hi, i need some urgent help and advice...
Here is the situation... My husband is on J1 in the US in his final year of residency which is completing in October 2013. I got my J2 visa issued in October 2012. Our DS-2019 is valid till October 2013.

I will be traveling to the US on J2 in the first week of february since my education (MBBS) in my home country is completing by the end of January 2013.

Now the situation is that my husband is applying for Conrad 30 waiver. He has already gotten a Primary care job in the state of Indiana and their lawyer will be doing the whole waiver process. My husband signed the contract about a month ago and sent all the required documents to the lawyer last week. The lawyer has just sent the application to the State department of Health for favorable recommendation.

I understand that after this the application will proceed to the Department of State.

My question is, due to the waiver application being in process, can there be an issue regarding my entry on J2 visa in the first week of february? Or is the timeline of the whole process long enough to buy sufficient time for me?

Any advise regarding this matter will be highly appreciated?

J-2 (with 2 yr HRR) to reenter on B1/B2 visa

Can a person on a J-2 visa reenter US on B1/B2 visa within 2 weeks of leaving? She was here for six months and would like to come back for another 6 months on B visa.