J1 waiver and H1B Application

lolina02

I hold a J1 visa (issued in July 2009 - expiration date: July 2012). I work for a School District as a first grade teacher in a Dual Language Program. My school is willing to sponsor me for a H1B visa. My J1 visa says that I am not subject to the 2 year home country residence requirement. Do I need to apply for the waiver just in case?

I completed a on-line survey at the US Department of State website asking for an advisory opinion to determine whether the two-year home-country physical presence requirement applies to me. In case their answer is NO, it doesn't apply to me, is this a valid document to attach at the H1B visa application.

My visa expires in July 2012. The school year starts in August, I don't think I'll get the visa by them. Can I ask my responsible officer for an extension of my DS-2019 for a few months until I get the H1B visa? Am I allowed to work with that extension? or do I need to get a new J1 and them a waiver? Do I need to leave the country and apply at my home country US Consulate?
Thank you

If you are not subjected for 2 year residency. If the employer can petition for US Work Visa, you can Change the status.