J1 visa issues for doctors living outside their home countries

Adnan99

undefined
I need some assistance about my problem with J1 visa.I am a doctor originally
from Pakistan but i lived most of my life in Saudi Arabia as a permanent resident.I have been offered a J1 visa from chicago which i would hopefully obtain through American embassy in Saudia,I just want to know wether that policy of returning back to your home country for 2 years after completion of your medical training applies to me if it applies which country i have to go to?
Any helpful assistance in this matter would be highly appreciated.
With regards
Adnan

home country is the country of last permanent residence. if saudi arabia issues the statement of need, then that becomes the country where you will have to do the 2-year HRR.

J1

To be eligible for J1, you also need to produce a letter from the health ministry saying that 'there is a need in this country for trained doctors and that the health ministry has no objection to your going to USA for training (No objection certificate)'. This is the country where you will need to go back for 2 years, to fulfill the need. So you decide which country will be the best for you to write this letter. Every time the J1 visa is renewed, e.g. before fellowship, changing hospitals, you will need a new 'NOC' rom the same country.