J waiver - peding at DOS - please help

vamsi23

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I have submitted application for waiver with DOS. DOS online shows the case as pending, even after receiving all the documents on March 20, 2007. It has been more than 2 months. could any one please suggest me how to contact DOS. If any has the fax number or e-mail or phone number please post here. I called public enquiries number but the automated system says there is no record with my case number. I tried with other case numbers, which has favorable reco. even with these numbers the systems says 'no records'. Please help to contact the DOS, as my current J1 is expiring soon.

Thanks
vamsi

no objection

Hey Vamsi,

The case is pending..because you are yet to submit them some documentation....
Did the Embassy of India send them the No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) certificate....did you have to apply for this certificate..

give some more details....

i got my waiver recently....i can help you......

Vamsi, u said the web showing all documents recieved on a particular date, do these documents include Waiver Certificate from ur embassy/Consulate in the Unites States????

This waiver certficate ( also called no objection certficate) is a very important (must) document and is mandatory to be sent directly from the Embassy with case no. mentioned on it. In my case, online status took almost 2 months to update after recieving NOC frm my embassy. SO hav a ltl patience, ur status will be updated soon. In the mean while u can compare ur case with mine ------>

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=250832

Hi,

Thanks a lot your reply. Yes! DOS received NORI certificate on March 20th. Also, the online status did not indicate/requested any additional documents. Its bothering me a lot. Do you have any suggestion?

thanks
vamsi

Hey Vamsi,

The case is pending..because you are yet to submit them some documentation....
Did the Embassy of India send them the No Obligation to Return to India (NORI) certificate....did you have to apply for this certificate..

give some more details....

i got my waiver recently....i can help you......

Thanks a lot Deeraj,

YEs! DOS received the no objection certificate from Indian Embassy on March 20th. Also, DOS did not requested any additional documents, online. Please give me some suggestions...
thanks
vamsi

Vamsi, u said the web showing all documents recieved on a particular date, do these documents include Waiver Certificate from ur embassy/Consulate in the Unites States????

This waiver certficate ( also called no objection certficate) is a very important (must) document and is mandatory to be sent directly from the Embassy with case no. mentioned on it. In my case, online status took almost 2 months to update after recieving NOC frm my embassy. SO hav a ltl patience, ur status will be updated soon. In the mean while u can compare ur case with mine ------>

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=250832

If u compare ur case with mine dates, its not late. Mine NOC was recieved by DoS on March 7th and urs after 13 days which is March 20th. And I recived Waiver on May 24th in Hand. So i guess, u shld be getting it soon probably within couple of weeks. BUT they may take longer as every case is different.

BUT RIGHT NOW I DONT THINK THERE IS ANYTHIN TO WORRY ABT.

Still waiting.....

vamsi

You have a companion. All my documents were received by DOS including NORI from Indian embassy exactly on 20th March 2007. Still getting tensed and puzzled. Nothing happened yet in my case.

So let us mourn together. My husband's H1B is waiting for DOS reco.

Every night is like one year for me.

Let us wait and pray God.

:mad:

Deeraj,

Thanks a lot for your inputs. In your case, you got fav. reco. within a month from DOS and everything done by May24th. In my case even after 2 months or so there is no change in the status of my application. Just hoping for the best and waiting....

thanks again for your help and information.
vamsi

If u compare ur case with mine dates, its not late. Mine NOC was recieved by DoS on March 7th and urs after 13 days which is March 20th. And I recived Waiver on May 24th in Hand. So i guess, u shld be getting it soon probably within couple of weeks. BUT they may take longer as every case is different.

BUT RIGHT NOW I DONT THINK THERE IS ANYTHIN TO WORRY ABT.

Vamsi

May be u missed to see the dates on the link I sent. DoS recieved my final document (NOC frm embassy) on March 7 and I recieved Fav. Rec. on May 9. So from March 7th to May 9th makes 2months and 2 days, not less than a month. I wud again suggest u not to worry.

Thanks Dheeraj for your support.

Vamsi

May be u missed to see the dates on the link I sent. DoS recieved my final document (NOC frm embassy) on March 7 and I recieved Fav. Rec. on May 9. So from March 7th to May 9th makes 2months and 2 days, not less than a month. I wud again suggest u not to worry.

Dheeraj

Thanks for your mail. I am also in the same boat as Vamsi. There is something odd with the date March 20th I guess!!!

I have seen favorable recommendations after 12 weeks and after 5 months too. All we can do is to pray that we do not fall under those unfortunate categories.

Does anybody have any idea about when do they actually post the data if at all they issue a favourable recommendation? in the mornings or in the evenings? Dheeraj what is your experience?

My friend,

I think on this forum I hav recieved the latest Waiver and if u run according to my dates, U shud definitely wait with no worries until June 6. I think u'll get waiver somewhere close to that date.

I donno what time they publish it on the website but the very next day after they issue reco., it is available to see.

DOS Fax ----

Dheeraj thanks for your reply. I saw that after DOS recommendation, you are still waiting for the letter to come in hand. Somehow or the other, waiting never ends and almost kills us.

This is for Vamsi...
No update on my case. I called up the DOS phone number and spoke to the rep. They are absoutely useless and all that they did is they gave a fax number to fax the details of over estimated time.

They asked me to put "Attention J1 waiver : case number: and Country of residence " on the letter in bold and fax it to them

Fax number: 1-202-663-2878 But before faxing please call the number and talk to them and hear what they say about the case. They have several fax numbers and they can give you any one.

They also said that it will take 3 weeks to process a Fax!!!!

Dear Friend, I think I never said that I havent recieved my waiver in hand. I published all dates on this forum and also a link to that on this very thread. I have recieved my waiver on May 24th

As far as ur and vamsi's case is concerned, I surely suggested u to wait close to June 6th, and today is June 7th only, have a little patience as there isn't anythin u can do abt it. Stressing urself for waiver isn't goin to get u anything. Give them a few more days as postal department is also involved in the whole process.

Dear Dheeraj

Sorry that I got totally confused after reading many cases. I apologize.
My hearty congratulations for your waiver.

As you say there is no use getting tensed. But because of this waiting still I feel humiliated and punished for no mistake of mine....Thanks for your words. It is consoling...

Dear Dheeraj

Finally they gave a favourable recommendation on 7th June. I wanted to thank you for your support and consoling words.

Thanks

Great!!! Now u dont hav to do anything. DoS sends a copy of fav reco. to u and a copy to USCIS. Just sit and wait, u will recieve ur waiver in mail soon.

Good Luck