1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J-1 waiver "two years rules"

Discussion in 'H-1 Quota Issues' started by monikapoland, Jan 21, 2010.

  1. monikapoland

    monikapoland New Member

    Hi everyone! In my J-1 visa I had stamped two years rule and now I have to apply for J-1 waiver before application for H1b visa. My situation is complicated because currently I am in my home counrty and my J-1visa is already expired. Could someone tell me if I can apply for J-1 waiver if I dont have valid J-1 visa and id I am not in US???? If I have one year contract it would be enough or I need three years contract? Thanks for any advises!
  2. pk_net

    pk_net Registered Users (C)

    You can apply for the J1 waiver at any time even when your J-1 has expired. The entire process is done through mails, and you do not have to be present in the US. It might be tricky on the mailing address. If they really want a US mailing address, you could get one of those mail forwarding service.

    I suggest you should start the process early since it could take up to 6 months to obtain the final approval.

Share This Page