J-1 Hardship waiver

lubdub

Registered Users (C)
I have applied with USCIS for waiver of 2 year HRR based on exceptional hardship to my child on 12/2/08. Yesterday I saw the status changed as

Application Type: I612 , APPLICATION TO WAIVE FOREIGN RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS

Current Status: DOCUMENT OTHER THAN CARD OR TRAVEL DOCUMENT MAILED TO APPLICANT

On January 28, 2009, your document I612, APPLICATION TO WAIVE FOREIGN RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS was processed and mailed to the address on record. If you have not received it within 30 days of January 28, 2009, contact our customer service at 1-800-375-8283. If you move while your case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your address.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at

I am super worried as three of my friends got their waiver approved in last 12 months and none had this message ever.

I have changed my address with them in first week of January using their online system. I was thinking if it has something to do with that.

Thanks for any input

Last edited by a moderator:
J1 Waiver approval

This is what I heard from USCIS 3 years ago (2006) upon approval of my J1 waiver condition (based on the VA recommnedation).

"Application Type: I612, APPLICATION TO WAIVE FOREIGN RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 28, 2006, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I612 APPLICATION TO WAIVE FOREIGN RESIDENCE REQUIREMENTS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service."

Hope this helps. If you would like to talk about hardship to child, I can be reached at 914 656 1876. We have a similar siutation. Thanks.

Hi lubdub

Have you received your response for hardship waiver? How long did it take to be processed?

I am also thinking about filing hardship waiver.

Will appreciate reply