George Bush
Bad economy - Real estate boom - interest rates bottom - Deficit going nuts
Uncertainity in my life - thanks to INS
Somalia EADs
TPS EADs
Religous Worker 485s
Security checks
IBIS
Tasse/Nell/140/RuxRux/Vipsha/lindaMac/shantanu/ecgc/pcee/ohgodthiscouldtakeawhile
INS->BCIS->UCISC->What the fuck !!

Also 2 years of a lot of BS of "Foreigners taking our jobs away", "Citizens not getting jobs - no more H1s", "Outsourcing to India".

I can't help but sit back and think how things would be 2 years from today. Will I still not have a GC? I am not sure !! Going by the current approval rate of ZERO, I won't have a GC I guess.

But what I am sure of is that, India would have further progressed, more jobs would have gone overseas, and INS/US government would still not have learnt that -

We Indeed are better, and if they close their eyes ...

THE SUN WILL STILL RISE !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Silly Man
THE SUN WILL STILL RISE !!

"What does man gain from all his labor in which he labors under the sun?
One generation goes, and another generation comes; but the earth remains forever.
The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, and hurries to its place where it rises."

Ecclesiastes 1:3-1:5

Celebrated my two years anniversary couple of weeks ago. Only 660 more days to wait on my second RFE. Then I get to enjoy answering a third RFE perhaps or maybe an interview to be sure things are done justly ...

Think of this as a fight. A fight for your GC. There is fun in
fighting for something. This is what BCIS wants to do

Delay work based GC. Their hope? Sooner or later people
will get laid off. This will reduce the number of skilled workers
in the country. Create an environment of frustration for
immigrants.

How you fight back?

1. Keep your sanity.
2. Keep your job.
3. Keep your documents organized.
4. Keep your spirits up.
5. File for EAD and AP as son as you can. Six months in advance.
6. Keep your skills updated. Read books on technology. Keep
your resume updated. Keep an eye on the job market. Call your
recruiters once in a while to check where things are heading and
if you have any oppurtunities. Keep in touch with your friends
and mentors.
7. Track Stock Markets, Labor Markets and Economy for positive
changes and not BCIS.
8. Live light. Don't buy that plasma tv yet.
9. Savings will help.
10. Keep in touch with the Indian job market.
11. Enjoy your life and don't think about your GC too much.
12. Know that sooner or later they will open your file. Just
sit back and relax.

Don't expect Americans to understand Immigration. I see Lou
Dobbs on CNN everday. If he is considered to be an intelligent
person I can see he has no clue about immigration. And nobody
is listening to him even if he is shouting on top of his voice about
immigration and jobs going to India.

Jobs will continue to go to India. Because it makes business sense. American economy is very strong. It will survive this.
If we stick around there will be plenty of work for us.

And this country needs immigrants , legal or otherwise. We don't
want our burritos to cost $10 because cheap labor is not
available. Do we? So whatever is needed will eventually get done.
It takes time in this country but things get done. So just wait
and relax.,

The important thing is to remember these tough times AFTER we get the GC.....and do our part through the electoral process to prevent anti-immigrant forces from coming to power.

Right now that seem so distant............sigh!!

Originally posted by ECGC
The important thing is to remember these tough times AFTER we get the GC.....and do our part through the electoral process to prevent anti-immigrant forces from coming to power.
AMEN! Truer words were never said! Don't ANY of you forget these words, we can make sure that what happened to us will not happen to the next generation of immigrants.

America's life blood is immigrants, throttle that and America will soon go down like a stone in the water.

SillyMan's litany sounded like that old song by Billy Joel, not sure how many of you here remember it but it was "We din't start the fire, it was always burning ..." :)

We didn't start the fire
It was always burning
Since the world's been turning
We didn't start the fire
No we didn't light it
But we tried to fight it
We didn't start the fire
But when we are gone
Will it still burn on, and on, and on, and on...

Seems......

Category:EB.
Policy Method:Hammering.
Test:Endurance/Tenacity, Stages:1,2........(infinity till hammer Breaks).
Result:Endured till Hammer broke.
Trophy:GC.
Stages:
1)RD.ND(after some time of RD)(use samll blow).
2)I140:(Processing Time-some time)./I485,131,etc.
step1:Increase the process time:(Pinching blow)
If endured,
step 2,Hammer more:RFE :Ed,Sal,Bal.sheet,etc.(may be in same steps or different steps-depends on person).
If endured,
step:3,
RFEs on:485/131/765/(May be different steps-depends on who enjoys)
If endured,
Step:4;FP1,2,3,...:(Unlimited time-deliver severe blows).
If endured,
Step5:Some thing or increase processing time(quarter-final Blow).
If endured,
Step 6:ITD or NOD( Semi-Final Blow-Optional);
If Endured,
--------------------------------------------
Step6:transfer to local(Optional) If,Bye Paased,
If endured,
---------------------------------------------
Step 7:extend processing time(Due to Other! workers etc) (Final-Blow):
Stll Endured!Sic!(Hammer Broke!!)
OKEEEY,Give him the Rubber Hammer Blow now(stamp).
This is what it seems......policy!

I am close on heels

Silly man:

I am close on heels...........4 months away from 2 yrs. 20 months completed for 485 wait

Will complete on Nov 16th my 2 years

I am really depressesed, angry and sad at the situation which this fucking GC has put me in! and the best freaking part is that I am involved in every step of this activity with no control from my side

It is sad that some of us have to be afraid of what BCIS would do even at times of accepting promotions and getting married, generally considered happy moments of our lives!!

Technically there is no reason to be scared, the only reason people do not really enjoy those happy moments, instead look over their shoulders to see if INS approves, is because their priority stucture in life is WRONG! Living in the US is more important to them than other things, infact it is the most important thing to them.

A person who truly assigns his/her GC the priority it deserves which is way under essential things like family, job satisfaction and peace of mind wouldn't really care if he/she got his/her GC. Instead they would take life as it came, celebrate the joys, mourn the sorrows WITHOUT taking INS and its opinions into account, and if their AOS got rejected for any reason what so ever, Que Sera Sera, move on with life.

Lot more countries out that want you and your skills, if enough of us move there, we will make it the next America! :)

Very well said.

But, you have paid to get a service and you deserve that service to be done in a reasonable time frame.

My question to everyone who is frustrated on the whole GC process is what have you done to avert it? Did you fax petitions? Did you send out the letters? Did you even try to get anybody to turn their head to listen to your problems. A few are struggling on this forum to make these governing officials etc., to listen to our story, TAKE PART IN IT AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH YOUR CONTRIBUTION PLEASE DONT WHINE.

For all those threads i see lot of users viewing but not even 10% of them contributing. What a shame!!!