• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Issue with Official Photo Tool - Image Shifts to the Right After Cropping

NewLandDreamer

Hello everyone,

I've encountered a problem with the official DV photo tool that I hope someone can help me with.

When I attempt to crop my picture for the application, the resulting image always shifts to the right. I've tried multiple images, with different resolutions and varying amounts of space around the face, but I consistently end up with the same issue.

To better illustrate this, I've attached the result of a cropping attempt on a headshot of an AI-generated (imaginary) person. As you can see, the shift is evident.

Has anyone else faced this problem? Is there a known solution or workaround that I might be missing? Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The original image:Automatic crop:Manual crop:
headshot.pngScreenshot 2023-10-05 at 10.21.54.pngScreenshot 2023-10-05 at 10.21.09.png
As you can see the cropping tool moves the frame to the left, leaving the face shifted to the right in the resulting picture.

Hello everyone,

I've encountered a problem with the official DV photo tool that I hope someone can help me with.

When I attempt to crop my picture for the application, the resulting image always shifts to the right. I've tried multiple images, with different resolutions and varying amounts of space around the face, but I consistently end up with the same issue.

To better illustrate this, I've attached the result of a cropping attempt on a headshot of an AI-generated (imaginary) person. As you can see, the shift is evident.

Has anyone else faced this problem? Is there a known solution or workaround that I might be missing? Any assistance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The original image:Automatic crop:Manual crop:
View attachment 4391View attachment 4392View attachment 4393
As you can see the cropping tool moves the frame to the left, leaving the face shifted to the right in the resulting picture.

Overthinking. They are fine.