Is this the sign of stucking at notorious FBI name check?

HAJIN

Registered Users (C)
hi, I got below response from USCIS regarding my I485 case in NSC today,

The processing of your case has been delayed. We are currently awaiting the results of required security checks on this case. These background checks are required of all who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the security checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

Is this the sign that my case are stucking at the notorious FBI name check? or is there other way to interpret this?

thanks in advance for your help!

Unfortunately you appear stuck in security review, not exactly naming check. I got the same message from USCIS when I was stuck in security review.

could you please elaborate more on this? so you are saying security review is a stage even before name check? what's their relationship here?

and how long did it take to clear your security review?

thanks much!

gc_nov_2003 said:
Unfortunately you appear stuck in security review, not exactly naming check. I got the same message from USCIS when I was stuck in security review.

I'm not exactly sure what's the difference. To me, name check is only one step of the security check. It took them over 2 years to clear mine but it really depends. You can search other threads for this popular topic. Since I'm already out of the black hole and I didn't do anything useful to speed the process, I can't give you any useful suggestions.

Good luck, buddy.

gc nov 2003: I heard that this "security review" is made outside of USCIS and the agency is not the FBI. Do u have any idea in what external agency it could be?
(USCIS still have +/-88000 general cases under investigation/review in a outside agency. Not FBI. My GC case is included).

i am getting confused, more info please?

jhawilla said:
gc nov 2003: I heard that this "security review" is made outside of USCIS and the agency is not the FBI. Do u have any idea in what external agency it could be?
(USCIS still have +/-88000 general cases under investigation/review in a outside agency. Not FBI. My GC case is included).

No, I have no idea. I only know the security review is not just name check. The assistant to my attorney ever told me the agency might check each country I have stayed for background checking. So far I only heard lawsuit can speed it up. I did something but didn't do anything useful, otherwise I wouldn't be stuck for over 2 years and would have had the GC on hand for 2 years. Sorry, I couldn't help more.

Namecheck/Security Check are the same?

May be both the name check/security check are one and the same, atleast in my case. Here is why.

I called VSC to open an enquiry about the my case. The officer told me that they are awaiting results from FBI namecheck ( pending from July 2005 ).

After 28 days, I received the letter from VSC with the same content that HAJIN posted:

The processing of your case has been delayed. We are currently awaiting the results of required security checks on this case. These background checks are required of all who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the security checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

I also requested help from our Senator. They checked with FBI and confirmed that is has been pending with FBI but said they cannot help expedite it as national security has high priority.

gc_nov_2003,
Did you get this message ( other agency doing security check ) after your FBI namecheck was cleared? How long you had to wait for this security review to be cleared (after FBI name check)?

Thanks,
Rasi

It took me over 2 years to have everything cleared. I wrote to senator and my attorney made seveal official inquires. Nothing has sped it up and the attorney called me up when it cleared and she didn't forward the letter to me. I don't know exactly what's the difference between them. Many people have experienced it and they seem to be diffierent to me. You can search other thread for more information. Just my experience wanted to share with other people.

HAJIN said:
hi, I got below response from USCIS regarding my I485 case in NSC today,

Is this the sign that my case are stucking at the notorious FBI name check? or is there other way to interpret this?

thanks in advance for your help!

since when ur application has been pending?

Out of status ?

Suppose one was laid off after 180 days of pending I-485 application ( and I-140 was approved ) , is the one out of status ? If not how many days one is allowed to find another employer to do AC21 portability ? I guess many will be interested in the answer and experience.