Is this normal?

foxgreatwall

Registered Users (C)
I mailed out my application of B1/2 visa extension for my parents to NSC on August 29. 5 weeks already passed. I haven't got any return from them even without receipt notice. Is it normal? Should I just wait or call them? Any suggestion is greatly appreciate. BTW what is their phone number I can call them? My parents' I-94 date is the end of this month. A little bit worried. Thanks.

You might want to check on this somehow - I sent in my request for extension a week before you did and received the receipt in less than a week. I still have not heard on their decision but at least I have the receipt in my hand.

Then again, they might be just slow with you case - hopefully you will hear something soon.

You can call INS National customer service 1-800-375-5283 to check if the service center actually received it. hopefully you mailed it by certified or registered mail and the post office can provide evidence of mailing and delivery. If you paid extra for Delivery Confirmation, you can go to the post office website to find where the envelope has gone by checking the number on the Delivery Confirmation receipt. You can also contact the Service Center by mail (addresses are on the INS website: www.ins.usdoj.gov) for a status check.

Originally posted by JohnR
...hopefully you mailed it by certified or registered mail and the post office can provide evidence of mailing and delivery. If you paid extra for Delivery Confirmation, you can go to the post office website to find where the envelope has gone by checking the number on the Delivery Confirmation receipt. You can also contact the Service Center by mail (addresses are on the INS website: www.ins.usdoj.gov) for a status check.

I was advised by the International Student Officer at the University that INS does not accept replies sent by certified mail since there will be no receipts issued by them. Can anyone tell me the best way to send documents to INS that will enable me to know for sure whether they received it.

Also I sent a reply to a "request for additional information (rfe)" on 20th Jan 2003. The Texas (Mesquite) INS office does not acknowledge receipt in the recording. Does that mean that the document is lost?