Is this accurate?

cx2null

I'm a Canadian citizen, married an American here in Canada two years ago. Filed soon after.

Received approval of I130 in Feb of last year. All signs point to me going to Montreal for further processing but my lawyer advises that I don't need to do that. He tells me that since I'm the primary source of income for our family and she has no income we'll be denied.

He advises that I'll be going through the Vancouver office for our K3.

Information available online tells me that Vancouver does no K-class processing, lawyer tells me that Vancouver does no visitor visa processing but does do K3 processing.

I feel bad undermining him by getting a second opinion but my wife is frustrated and I just want to be with her.

Any ideas?

The issue isn't of sponsorship, however, its of being told to constantly wait despite the national visa center telling us that there are unpaid fees and unfiled paperwork. The information my lawyer is telling me is contradictory to what the people at the NVC are telling me

I know Vancouver does K-1 visas for sure. So I would assume they issue K-3 visas also. Who is exactly telling you to wait? The consulate or NVC?

The issue isn't of sponsorship, however, its of being told to constantly wait despite the national visa center telling us that there are unpaid fees and unfiled paperwork. The information my lawyer is telling me is contradictory to what the people at the NVC are telling me

Well, my lawyer is telling me I don't need to file through the Montreal office and I need to wait for my case to come up with the Vancouver office.

I'm not sure if I need to wait for the NVS to grab my case or I need to take action with the USCIS first. My case with the USCIS is currently in "post-decision activity" and has been for a year now. Their processing time is an average of 32 months so do I have another 8 months to wait?

For how incredibly easy it is for people to immigrate to Canada I'm shocked at how long this is taking for me to join my wife