• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is there a possibility that both spouses will be selected for further processing???

brucella

Is there a possibility that both spouses will be selected for further processing? Have you heard any case like that before? After selection, does KCC post-process to discard those entries?

By "both spouses" do you mean the possibility of a couple being selected and processed? If yes, should a couple be lucky enough to both get selected in the same FY, KCC will process their forms, if both proceed to fill out their forms as main selectees (and list each other as derivatives of course). The forms will be sent to the applicable embassy/consulate when the CNs are current, KCC cannot discard one of their forms or disqualify one of them at this stage.

If I were the designer of the lottery software, I would make sure that no visa number is wasted on a spouse of a selectee. Since every entrant has to list his/her spouse, it's trivial to exclude selectee spouses. I have never seen both spouses selected for further processing, so I assume the software is programmed to do the exclusion.

If I were the designer of the lottery software, I would make sure that no visa number is wasted on a spouse of a selectee. Since every entrant has to list his/her spouse, it's trivial to exclude selectee spouses. I have never seen both spouses selected for further processing, so I assume the software is programmed to do the exclusion.

I think it can happen , because each one has his own single entry!
I never heard of a couple that won in the same dv.
But I saw a couple that won dv13 and dv14 however they made it through with 2013AF88000 so no need to process this year.

They absolutely should not do that. The selectee needs to meet the minimum requirements so lets say they threw away the "win" on a spouse that was able to meet the requirement whilst the actual selectee was unable to meet the requirement.

If both win, both should submit forms and be processed. Assuming both are qualified then they will get the visa on the first interview BUT if there was a problem they could have the second interview and get approved that way...

The fact that you've never seen it is probably just representative of how unlikely the odds are of it happening.

I agree with britsimon in principle, but also I don't think KCC is legally allowed to discard an entry that doesn't have an obvious problem like duplicate entry.

Yes, Sm1smom. I meant that.

By "both spouses" do you mean the possibility of a couple being selected and processed? If yes, should a couple be lucky enough to both get selected in the same FY, KCC will process their forms, if both proceed to fill out their forms as main selectees (and list each other as derivatives of course). The forms will be sent to the applicable embassy/consulate when the CNs are current, KCC cannot discard one of their forms or disqualify one of them at this stage.

I'm almost certain I read of a forum member who said she and her husband both won. It was DV2012, when my husband got selected. Briefly. What I'm not sure of, is whether they won on May 1st, or in the redraw.

My husband got selected in DV2012, then I got selected the very next year. Anything can happen. It's a random draw (most times).

If it were to happen in the same DV year, I think you'd pursue the one with the best chances of a successful interview. Or if you're not sure, pursue both and if the first spouse fails, hopefully the second one will have better qualifications to win. Or you could both fail.

Last edited by a moderator:
There were quite a few husband and wife couples selected in the invalid DV2012 draw (which was incorrectly done on date of entry rather than randomly).

Plus, I think what can happen, or what would happen in my case. If me and my partner both won in the same year. I would have winning in EU part and he will be AF, so different chances even for areas.

I'm almost certain I read of a forum member who said she and her husband both won. It was DV2012, when my husband got selected. Briefly. What I'm not sure of, is whether they won on May 1st, or in the redraw.

My husband got selected in DV2012, then I got selected the very next year. Anything can happen. It's a random draw (most times).

If it were to happen in the same DV year, I think you'd pursue the one with the best chances of a successful interview. Or if you're not sure, pursue both and if the first spouse fails, hopefully the second one will have better qualifications to win. Or you could both fail.

Yeh I'm sure I read someone saying it somewhere.. They both won separately.