Is it possible to revive an old green card visa application? Please suggest

Bengal-Tiger

Hi There,

My case is little odd. My aunt after getting USA citizenship in 1983, same year applied for green card for my mom and 2 of her other siblings (uncle and aunt). Sometime in 1991 they asked for an interview to my mom and other 2 uncle and aunt. However my other uncle and aunt decided not to go ahead with the interview process as they were doing good in Bangladesh. The other reason was my maternal grand parents were alive that time. Seeing them my mom also decided not to go ahead with the interview. The other reason was in 1991 my aunt who sponsored this green card application was in Saudi Arabia due to job purposes. Before the expiration date in 1996 one of my dad's friend who used to work in USA Embassy suggested to submit an application that we are unable to go to USA now but when we will be able to go we will contact you accordingly. After 1996 my other uncle and aunt got cancellation letter of the green card application but my mom did not. After that nothing was done for it. By this time I came to Canada for higher studies and got PR Card last year and my sister also completed her undergrad. Meanwhile my dad also retired from Government Service 2 month back. So now my dad is seeking to explore the opportunity whether it is possible to revive the green card application again as it will be beneficial for me and my sister. For your info my aunt never withdrew the application fees. It is still there.

Now my questions are,

1) Is it possible to revive the application again as already a long time passed since then?

2) Will it be possible to include me and my sister still in the application considering we are reviving the application from where it was stopped. For info when the application was filed initially neither me nor my sister was born at that time but now both of us are above 21 years of age.

3) If it is possible to revive how long it may take to complete this process.

4) Will it be better to contact some immigration lawyer about it? How much it may cost?

I am attaching the letter that was sent to my mom from US Embassy initially.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    325.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 1