Is it possible to postpone the interview.

raj574

Registered Users (C)
Hi, My case was transferred to Detroit, MI on Oct 25, 2004. I will be joining a new job (same category, new employer) in mid November. The new employer is also located in Detroit, MI but the position is in Kansas City, MO.

Please advise:
Is it possible that the interview date will be before 11/12. If yes, will it possible to attend it with employment letter from new employer (I have not joined yet)?

In the alternate, is it possible to request interview postponement and in that case how much further delay do you anticipate.​
Thanks.

I anticipate most people on this forum want to get the interview over with ASAP, and postponing would not even be considered as an option by most.

Either way, I doubt it will happen that soon. My case took 2 months to get physically transferred to the local office from the date shown on the transfer notice. (notice was in May, physically received in August according the local office)
After that, when you get your interview notice, it will be another 1-2 months before your actual interview date. So, rough estimate, you won't have an interview for at least 2 months or more from now.
If you are really concerned about it, make an infopass appointment, and ask them if your interview is already scheduled, and if your notice is in the mail. If not, ask them when they think it will happen, sometimes they know, sometimes they don't. If they don't know, then it seems that you will be ok. If they know the date, and by chance its before you want it to be, ask them if you can postpone, I would think it is a possibility, as even consulates allow interview dates to be postponed.