Is it possible to Move to the USA ? and how ? please help

zbug

Hello all, Thank you for taking your time in reading this. and sorry in advanced if its in the wrong section of the forums.

we are a married couple with a 4 year old son. Kuwaiti Citizens and do not hold any other citizenship.
we own 3 investment properties in Florida, all 3 are rented out.
we have a stable income and do not require to work if/when we do move to the us
but would be nice if we could work on our own business or anything else to pass time and can't say no to more income.

I am 37 wife is 31

we do not have the 500-1mil for the EB5 approach.

we would like to do this 100% legal way

thanks and hope someone out there would point us to the right direction or help up find a way that we never thought about .

Thanks much !

There are not a lot of options to be honest.

The main routes are family sponsored, work sponsored, investment (but not investments like buying houses and renting them out) and DV.

For temporary visas you can add a few such as education but that is very restrictive...

Have you thought of liquidating your properties and going down an investment route?

There are not a lot of options to be honest.

The main routes are family sponsored, work sponsored, investment (but not investments like buying houses and renting them out) and DV.

For temporary visas you can add a few such as education but that is very restrictive...

Have you thought of liquidating your properties and going down an investment route?

Britsimon, thanks for your response, well to be honest the one other way that would work out is EB5 but from what I have read its not even guaranteed and the return of investment is nearly impossible, about liquidating the properties, yes I did think about it but thats a Risk I can not take as they are the only thing we own. and we want to keep them for our son when he grows up :) can't part this world leaving him with nothing :)

thanks again :) guess ill keep trying the DV and hope one day we can legally move to the US :)

thanks again !

Britsimon, thanks for your response, well to be honest the one other way that would work out is EB5 but from what I have read its not even guaranteed and the return of investment is nearly impossible, about liquidating the properties, yes I did think about it but thats a Risk I can not take as they are the only thing we own. and we want to keep them for our son when he grows up :) can't part this world leaving him with nothing :)

thanks again :) guess ill keep trying the DV and hope one day we can legally move to the US :)

thanks again !

I haven't looked into it greatly but have friends that have done this. The best investor deals are where you buy a real business that has a real chance of success. I personally don't like the type where you invest in some project on Omaha or somewhere and your investment is controlled by others.

So the next step is to try to buy a small business and see how that goes ? ok guess ill need to start saving up for the next USA trip :) thank you again for your response :)

So the next step is to try to buy a small business and see how that goes ? ok guess ill need to start saving up for the next USA trip :) thank you again for your response :)

Well next step would be to investigate what would make that possible....

How much money would be necessary to be able to get this investment visa?
And for the work sponsored visa, what would be the process? Send resumes stating that you would need to be sponsored to the companies you think might want you? Is there a specific time of the year to do so?
Many thanks for all your help :)

How much money would be necessary to be able to get this investment visa?
And for the work sponsored visa, what would be the process? Send resumes stating that you would need to be sponsored to the companies you think might want you? Is there a specific time of the year to do so?
Many thanks for all your help :)

Molovi, depending on where you are from.. well EB5 is for everyone with money:) 500-1 Mil USA then you have the E1/E2 treaty countries the list is here http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/treaty.html

Hope that helps

@zbug,

Between yourself and Simon, you've both covered practically every aspect. I can't think of any other useful contribution I can make to the discussion.

I wanted to give you some quick information on our project in case you have not had a chance to read through the information. These details about our project will give you an idea of the type of project you are reviewing.

1. Premier location with TEA status: The site is one and a half block from Michigan Avenue. The state has issued a letter confirming the TEA status with the unemployment rate of 14.4% (see attached).

2.Secure job creation: The project will only use indirect jobs (665 jobs for 40 investors) created during the construction period, and will not use any operational jobs (138 jobs).

3.Repayment Source: The project can repay the EB-5 investors through refinancing or cash flow from operations.

4.Shovel-ready project: The project has received all necessary permits, finished demolition and signed Maximum Price Construction Contract.

5.Strong developer/operator: Mr. Greenberg is the developer/owner/operator of three hotels, of which two are in downtown Chicago, one is call theWit (a well-known Hilton hotel, at State and Lake) and the other is Marriott Fairfield. Both hotels have occupancy rates over 88%.

6.Proven market demand: Marriott's global reservation system shows that the additional demand of the Marriott Fairfield Hotel is big enough for an additional hotel. Due to the scarcity of the vacant land in that area, it will be very difficult for competitors to enter the market. In addition, the location is adjacent to the Northwestern Medical Campus which are building a number of new facilities. Patients, families and researchers will increase the market demand.

7.Excellent Support Team: Greenberg Traurig prepared the project legal documents and will review all I-526 applications before submission. DLA Piper did all real estate-related legal work. EPR prepared the job creation report. McGladrey will do quarterly and annual audit and report. NES Financial will be the escrow manager and provide a platform for investors to track the disbursement and use of funds. Rockwell Group will be the designer. These are all top companies in their fields.

8.The I-924 exemplar petition was filed in March 2015.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kindly advise what is the significant of "8. The I-924 exemplar petition was filed in March 2015."
Is it possible to file I-526 before getting the I-924 approved?
Many thanks for your help.