Is it normal to take so long as this

yasmin78

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Just a quick Q

I filed my naturalization application in Sep 2008 at USCIS Phoenix office. My fingerprint has also been taken . However to this date ( 18 May 2009) I have not heard anything.

1- any idea at which immigration center my case is under process
2- any idea why it took so long? ( I am eligible and no problem)
3- What do you suggest? do you think I need to consult with an attorney?

Tnkx

Hi guys,

Just a quick Q

I filed my naturalization application in Sep 2008 at USCIS Phoenix office. My fingerprint has also been taken . However to this date ( 18 May 2009) I have not heard anything.

1- any idea at which immigration center my case is under process
2- any idea why it took so long? ( I am eligible and no problem)
3- What do you suggest? do you think I need to consult with an attorney?

Tnkx

Where did you give your fingerprint? Possible it is your DO. However, call USCIS and learn your DO and schedule an infopass.

Call customer service and tell them that your case is outside of Phoenix processing time, see if they can escalate the case. Otherwise schedule an Infopass. You might be stuck on name check, but it is impossible for us to say.

call Customer service

Hi,

You have option to call CS
and talk to a 2nd level IO he can give you status.
OR
Send the case details to ombudsman's office. they will investigate and let you know.
OR
schedule an infopass.

I think (and hopefully not) you may be stuck in name check. I was stuck for 2 years. But now a days it has become faster.

all the best

Hi,

You have option to call CS
and talk to a 2nd level IO he can give you status.
OR
Send the case details to ombudsman's office. they will investigate and let you know.
OR
schedule an infopass.

I think (and hopefully not) you may be stuck in name check. I was stuck for 2 years. But now a days it has become faster.

all the best

See my timeline: I was stuck in NC and the whole thing took 29 months. There were also people stuck far longer than me. This is somewhat of a rarity now but back in 2005-2007 this was quite common.

Good luck to you and hope you are not stuck in NC like I did.

AP