Is it mandatory to work in GC filing location after GC receipt?

skechers

I understand that it recommended that you work for your GC sponsoring employer for 6-12 months after your get the GC.

While working for the GC sponsoring employer immediately after receiving the GC, do you also have to be working out of the same location from where your PERM and I-140 were filed? Or is it just sufficient to be working for the GC sponsoring employer regardless of office location?

Note: The employer is not a consulting firm and hence the PERM/I-140 filing specified a single work location as opposed to saying 'Multiple Locations'.

If your I-485 was pending for at least 180 days, AC21* should mean that working in a different location won't be a problem.

*By the strict letter of the law, AC21 is only for the time while the I-485 is pending. However it would be extremely surprising for a court to have such a strict interpretation that suddenly takes away your freedom to change locations when the GC is approved.

I understand that it recommended that you work for your GC sponsoring employer for 6-12 months after your get the GC.

While working for the GC sponsoring employer immediately after receiving the GC, do you also have to be working out of the same location from where your PERM and I-140 were filed? Or is it just sufficient to be working for the GC sponsoring employer regardless of office location?

Note: The employer is not a consulting firm and hence the PERM/I-140 filing specified a single work location as opposed to saying 'Multiple Locations'.

What you describe is perfectly OK. Working for the petitioning employer after getting the LPR status is expected and anticipated and you are doing just that but it is NOT tied to a specific address.