• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

is dv 2016 photo valid?

bilneo

hi all,

i have just applied for dv 2016 with this photo :

xCAdU8.jpg

i just worry about the shadow on the right side, what do you think?

and should i re-apply with another pic?

advise me plz thank's

1. Don't worry about the shadow. It's fine.
2. If you reapply you will be disqualified for a duplicate entry...as you should know from the instructions ...

I have a photo with kind of blueish background. Do you think it's ok if I removed the back ground from the photo?

I have a photo with kind of blueish background. Do you think it's ok if I removed the back ground from the photo?[/QUOTE
I have a photo with kind of blueish background. Do you think it's ok if I removed the back ground from the photo?[/QUOTE
I have a photo with kind of blueish background. Do you think it's ok if I removed the back ground from the photo?
I hope you have not applied yet! I don't think a blue background will do. Tr

The specification mention a light background, so if it is a light blue tint, you're ok, if not, yes you can remove the background but be sure to not change your appearance in any way.

hi all,

i have just applied for dv 2016 with this photo :

xCAdU8.jpg

i just worry about the shadow on the right side, what do you think?

and should i re-apply with another pic?

advise me plz thank's
If the computer at the lottery.gov accepted the photo, then you are game. Don't worry about the photo at this stage. Worry about the probability of your selection. Besides, there is no human who's going to inspect your photo at this stage. There are too many of them. The computer has already done its job. Rest the case!

If the computer at the lottery.gov accepted the photo, then you are game. Don't worry about the photo at this stage. Worry about the probability of your selection. Besides, there is no human who's going to inspect your photo at this stage. There are too many of them. The computer has already done its job. Rest the case!

Let's be careful with the kind of response/feedback we provide to people, don't generalize on things. The fact that the photo validator accepted an uploaded picture does not necessarily mean the photo is okay.

About 2 years ago, a forum member once tested it by uploading a picture of their dog and the photo validator confirmed it to be okay simply because it met the required size dimensions. So telling people they're okay if it accepts their picture is erroneous and misleading!

Let's be careful with the kind of response/feedback we provide to people, don't generalize on things. The fact that the photo validator accepted an uploaded picture does not necessarily mean the photo is okay.

About 2 years ago, a forum member once tested it by uploading a picture of their dog and the photo validator confirmed it to be okay simply because it met the required size dimensions. So telling people they're okay if it accepts their picture is erroneous and misleading!
I once uploaded a black picture (only lack, taken at night, we couldn't see anything)... and it accepted... the validator by then was only checking the dimension... I don't know if it changed by then

I once uploaded a black picture (only lack, taken at night, we couldn't see anything)... and it accepted... the validator by then was only checking the dimension... I don't know if it changed by then
That's too bad. But why should someone validate a blank picture when the specs say there should be a an image human being there? I think those are extremes. If the picture that is sent is color and is of a human being showing the face, and up the shoulders and it passes the validator, then you are game. Why should someone snap a dog and pass it thru the validator? Don't think that's abuse?

That's too bad. But why should someone validate a blank picture when the specs say there should be a an image human being there? I think those are extremes. If the picture that is sent is color and is of a human being showing the face, and up the shoulders and it passes the validator, then you are game. Why should someone snap a dog and pass it thru the validator? Don't think that's abuse?
We were testing what was checked during the validator. Some people were saying it only check the dimentions while other said it tested the whole picture... so we checked

Learn to read between the lines. The examples @jayo2k and I gave above are to point out the error with your response about people being game if the official photo validator accepts their photos. People where simply testing to see how advanced the photo validator is in checking uploaded pictures.

So again, stop telling people "If the picture that is sent is color and is of a human being showing the face, and up the shoulders and it passes the validator, then you are game" because that is not true!

@samuelelh,

Your post advertising your tutorial about the photo validator has been deleted. It is interesting to note that as a newly registered member, your only post is about this self-created tutorial of yours.

thank you! yes i have just registered, and i was on other forums especially on Facebook along with brit simon. u can ask him.
and yeah, it is alright, this was just the first post i took part of and sorry for sharing such HOW TO FIX YOUR DV LOTTERY PHOTO !

I really couldn't care less if you've known Simon from the creation of time or not. I tend to call a spade a spade, if something smells fishy to me I will not hesitate to point it out. Again your very first post was a self promotion, even if you believe it's the next best great thing that will safe mankind, it cannot be allowed!

Just found out that the US Embassy Nairobi on 17th October were answering questions in regards to DV 2015 and most especially DV 2016....

For instance someone asked:

Does the quality of the picture yu add their matter can it be self taken by the phone?
U.S. Embassy Nairobi Pictures must be passport size photos, no cell phone pictures are allowed.

Visit their Facebook page and have a look at the various questions asked and the Embassy's Response.

Sample another question in regards to children:

Photo validator only measures 600x600pxl, it doesn't correct or analyze the composition of photo. That's what I think and tested.

Just found out that the US Embassy Nairobi on 17th October were answering questions in regards to DV 2015 and most especially DV 2016....

For instance someone asked:

Does the quality of the picture yu add their matter can it be self taken by the phone?
U.S. Embassy Nairobi Pictures must be passport size photos, no cell phone pictures are allowed.

Visit their Facebook page and have a look at the various questions asked and the Embassy's Response.
From what I've heard, cell phone pictures are accepted if the quality is good, 600*600 in front of a white background and with the shoulder/face-no jewleries