IR6 Category GC clarification

nitinp23

Registered Users (C)
Apoligies for having posted in another forum before.

Previous post under <<ImmigrationPortal Forums > USA Immigration Issues > After The Green Card And US Citizenship > The Physical Green Card >>

8th March 2006, 11:36 AM
nitinp23
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2004

Received the GC/I 551 yday (03/07/06)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok..i am happy yet a little confused.

Timeline: After filing for I485, I130 (marriage to USC) on 12/5/03, I was called for an interview on 2/14/06 (NYC) where the officer approved our case verbally and indicated that I'd receive card within 4 weeks and he wasnt kidding! I did receive the card on March 7th,2006 althought the approval date on the card says 02/14/06. A beautiful valentines day gift in retrospect

Now my question - My GC was based on marraige 09/06/03 and my card was approved 02/14/06. The expiration on the card is sometime in 2016. Going through the documentation on the USCIS website A GC is conditional only if the case was approved when marraige was less than 2 years and card was granted before the 2 year mark. After which you would have to file I751 for removing conditional clause removed.

From the looks of things, I didnt get a conditional GC but a regular GC. Am I correct? Is there a visual difference between a regular GC and a conditional GC?
Also I didnt get anything stampted on my passport for what ever reason. Should I be concerned.

-------EDIT-------

After reading a couple more posts this is the conclusions I've come to -
- I need not get my passport stamped as I already have my GC, but it may have been useful in time period when the case was approved (2/14/06) and the date I received my card(3/7/06)
- The category on my GC is "IR6" which is a 10 year card that does not require a renewal at the 2 year mark. The "CR6" category GC requires the 2 year renewal.

Please let me know if anybody has a take on this.
Thanks Much

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Last edited by nitinp23 : 8th March 2006 at 12:56 PM. Reason: further research..
I was wondering if the forum moderators/experts could opine on the IR6 cateogry and help me clarify with certainity around the subject.

Much Appreciated

Thanks JoeF

The odd thing about the website is there is no IR6 classification. But I'm satisfied.