Inviting spouse on TN Visa

Adnan Shaikh

Hi team & members,

I am a Canadian citizen and soon be working in United States on TN visa. My wife is in Pakistan and awaiting immigration under spouse sponsorship. I need to know while she is waiting for immigration and me working in US as a canadian, how easy it is to invite her for visit to US.

Kindly reply me with past experinces and expertise.

Thanks

Adnan.

Having her come to US on TD (TN dependent) is simple: She applies at US consulate in pakistan for a TD visa. Go online with US embassy in Pakistan and they will give info on appointments, etc. After you get TN, she will need a copy of your marriage cert and proof of your TN status (copy of I-94), along with other documents the consulate will direct.

None of this will impact her Cdn immigration process,m since it is already started. Whenever that is approved, she will be able to "land" in canada, get her papers, and return to living with you in US.

Hi Nelsona - I have heard that doing so can cause complications as Canada would require the citizen to sponsor while the Citizen is in Canada throughout the time that you are waiting for immigration to finalize...I dont know whether thats the case but I heard this from several people

Hi team & members,

I am a Canadian citizen and soon be working in United States on TN visa. My wife is in Pakistan and awaiting immigration under spouse sponsorship. I need to know while she is waiting for immigration and me working in US as a canadian, how easy it is to invite her for visit to US.

Kindly reply me with past experinces and expertise.

Thanks

Adnan.
Hi Adnan Shaikh- Can you let me know as to how your case is progressing?

You ARE sponsoring her. What is the problem? She will spend only a few days in Canada.