Interview

g_m111

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I had got my file no. on 28th Jan 2002
March 19th 2003 received my medicals.

In the papers they say not to get the medicals done before I get the letter from the interviewing office confirming the date and time of the interview at LA ( I am in US). They have said this will take anywhere from 7-10 months.

My confusion is that my visa expires in May end. I can go on F1, but that will cost me a big amount (school fees). So I was thinking if I go back to India, and in 7-10 months whenever my folks here in the US receive the letter they can pass it on to me, then I can come to the US to give the interview.

The only fear I have is that I get the US tourist visa at that
time. My record with coming and going to the US is clear. Has anybody gone thru this situation, any experiences of this kind will be greatly appreciated.

Please reply back
g_m111

Same Boat

I would suggest you to go back come when you get the interview letter. It will take more then 12 months for sure and they will give you 2months period before the interview.

Getting US visa again i don't know even if your records are clear some time they will reject. So its a 50/50 but just waiting for interview would be waste of time and your life.

I have done that mistake its been now 10 months still no news, all i have done is study and worked in some odd jobs.

Goodluck

Aru

I recomend you to stay here itself...Chances of getting visiting visa for US is very tough..Instead of joining in school pay 2/3 thousand to any employer and get new h1(If present employer is not willingto extend).