Interview Letter Delay

natznow

It is going to almost three months since I went in for Fingerprinting. I have not received my interview letter yet for the naturalization.
At Baltimore office, people seem to get their interview letters within 2 months. What could be the reason for delay? How long should I wait.
Is there a way to find out the status other than the online status which says the same message ever since I got the receipt notice.

Please advise.

Thanks.
natznow

Baltimore DO
PD July 11, 2006
FD August 9, 2006

natznow said:
It is going to almost three months since I went in for Fingerprinting. I have not received my interview letter yet for the naturalization.
At Baltimore office, people seem to get their interview letters within 2 months. What could be the reason for delay? How long should I wait.
Is there a way to find out the status other than the online status which says the same message ever since I got the receipt notice.

Please advise.

There are many on similar boats. Personally, I have been waiting for almost 4 and half months since I did my finger printing on 6/22. :mad:

I would suggest you take an Infopass appointment to find out what's going on. That will at least give you some peace of mind if not anything else.

Same boat

Is being 6 months since my application was sent with my fingerprints, My priority date is April 21,2006. I called yesterday to the NCS was transfer to an officer and I was told that they are waiting for my name check. He told me it could take a week, a month or a year.God I hate the waiting! Is depressing

Times vary among district offices

The times vary between districts. So we comparison of one district with the other may not give you the idea.. The trend in my district is that people who applied after me are getting the IL...

natznow said:
The times vary between districts. So we comparison of one district with the other may not give you the idea.. The trend in my district is that people who applied after me are getting the IL...

But do you know how many in your DO who applied before you are still pending? The numbers at the forums don't always reflect reality.

Dude,
Dont sweat out yet.
My PD in paper is March 29. Online is April 4, 2006.
My FP was on May 10, 2006.
I got my IV letter with a notice date of October 17,2006.
I also got IV cancellation letter with a notice date of October 18,2006.

Onlything I know so far is my name check is over. Only god knows when my Interview letter will come back again.
I am planning to do one more Infopass appointment next week. I will post my update next week.

thanks
dnraj

r2ichennai2007 said:
I got my IV letter with a notice date of October 17,2006.
I also got IV cancellation letter with a notice date of October 18,2006.
dnraj

what is the reason behind cancellation?

It appears that the two major reasons for the "descheduling" of an interview are:

1) Your paperwork/file doesn't show up at the district office on time (that's what happened to me)

2) They scheduled your interview and then decided that they weren't quite ready to interview after all; in particular, because

a) your name check hasn't finished yet or
b) your 5 years (or 3 years) haven't quite passed by yet

Question on Interview

How do you determine which category you fall under:

1. Paperwork has not showed up, or;
2. Name check and/or 5 year (3 year) period has not elapsed?

VSC (Newark DO)
PD: 10/12/06
FD: 10/27/06

I found out by going to an InfoPass appointment and asking. I later went through my congressman (and senator) trying to get their help in getting my interview rescheduled. They confirmed that the problem was my paperwork getting misplaced for a couple of weeks (last April/May).

My interview was originally scheduled for May 5th, descheduled in late April, finally rescheduled in September and actually occured late in October. My oath is schedule for Nov 16th