• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview experience - please post them

Hi guys,
I have read many of the experiences on the link that Simon posted and I have one observation that I want to share.
It seems that the best you are prepared in terms of documents at least, the better the rate of success is and this goes with the fact in my opinion that if you are able to provide all the documents to the embassy, it means somehow that all that you are pretending is the perfect truth, therefore, the CO will don't feel the need to ask more questions.

So, I would like to know, when you fill your DS-260, you go under some security check I imagine, do you think the CO's have some notes about you to emphasis in some questions that was unclear to them ?

Hi guys,
I have read many of the experiences on the link that Simon posted and I have one observation that I want to share.
It seems that the best you are prepared in terms of documents at least, the better the rate of success is and this goes with the fact in my opinion that if you are able to provide all the documents to the embassy, it means somehow that all that you are pretending is the perfect truth, therefore, the CO will don't feel the need to ask more questions.

So, I would like to know, when you fill your DS-260, you go under some security check I imagine, do you think the CO's have some notes about you to emphasis in some questions that was unclear to them ?

Proper preparation (over preparation) is key to a smooth simple interview. That is very clear. The DV visa is really very easy to get if you meet the requirements and have correct documentation. There is NO other USA immigrant process that is as simple.

When you submit the DS260 background checks are done. For the majority of people this would reveal no concerns. For some cases the CO would be alerted to issues that he/she can question about in the interview, or will require further processing after the interview.

I have one personal question if you don't mind, my wife and I had a baby in US while being under B-2 visa she stayed for a total of 5 months there. We paid every expenses related to the birth, do you think (when it comes to law, not personal feeling from CO) that it can be a reson for disqualification?

Note: I have an explanation of why this happened but in first place we didn't do it in purpose it was some circumstances that led us to having our baby there

I have one personal question if you don't mind, my wife and I had a baby in US while being under B-2 visa she stayed for a total of 5 months there. We paid every expenses related to the birth, do you think (when it comes to law, not personal feeling from CO) that it can be a reson for disqualification?

Note: I have an explanation of why this happened but in first place we didn't do it in purpose it was some circumstances that led us to having our baby there

AFAIK, there's no US law that expressly forbids foreigners from coming to the US to have their kids. The important thing is to not come in and utilize public funds to which a foreigner isn't entitled for such purpose. And of course to not have overstayed beyond the period of time admitted for.

Therefore having a baby in the US on its own is not a disqualifying factor, and COs, as a result of their personal feelings on such a practice, have not been known to disqualify anyone based on that either.

Yup, there is a lot of controversy about "birth tourism" here but there doesn't seem much legal they can do about it at the moment. Example stories:
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2015/09/25/birth-tourism-bay-area-operators-avoid-spotlight/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/01/china-us-birth-tourism_n_7187180.html

And should not be disqualifying for DV because as mom says, there is currently no law against it. So even if you are one of those who did it expressly for this purpose (I know you say you have reasons) doesn't seem they can do anything about it.

Wow I didn't know it was to that extend, kind of shocked ...:eek:
Really appreciate your help, even if my chances to get selected this time are small (as usual and as everyone), I wanted to make sure that if I am lucky enough, everything will not fall apart because of something that I/We did in the past.

Hello all

US Embassy Skopje
April 2016

We are family of four with two kids and we are from Kosovo.
My case number is 22xxx.
We have passed the same procedures as others in embassy.
I was the principal applicant and CO has made me only three questions.
CO: What is the relationship with the sponsor?
CO: When you have completed university education?
CO: Have you ever been arrested?
Then he said: Congratulations, your visas are approved.
It is worth mentioning that I had finished Vocational High School four year ( technical high school ) and I have Univerity Bachelor Degree (three year program).
I can not describe with words how grateful I am for your help.
God bless you, especially Britsimon, SusieQQQ, Sm1smom.
Sorry If I forgot any on this forum.
Thank you for everything.

Regards,
Alban