• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview experience johannesburg

Congratulation Vlady, I am really happy for you.... I am sure that wewill meet one day there.... thanks also for the great description... ;)

Congratulations, vladek! Best of luck with your new american life :) Did you already chose a place to live?
Thanks buddy :)
Yes the heart of the US of A kansas !
Did you make with the cutoff? I recall you are from EU, right?

Last edited:
Thanks buddy :)
Yes the heart of the US of A kansas !
Did you make with the cutoff? I recall you are from EU, right?

Yeah, we had our interview on August, 12 in Moscow consulate. Did our medicals 3 days before. I was a bit worried because I've previously heard many stories how healthy people are sent for additional medical check for tuberculosis. It lasts approximately 6 weeks and that's why it's very risky to be sent for this check in August. Luckily, our medicals were fine and we passed our interview successfully. Consul was not able to approve our visas at the time of the interview because of well-known worldwide technical problems which were happening at the moment, but on August, 15 we received our passports with immigration visas inside. Now planning our relocation to San Francisco Bay Area (most likely we'll head to Sunnyvale or Mountain View which is closer to my work in Menlo Park).

Yeah, we had our interview on August, 12 in Moscow consulate. Did our medicals 3 days before. I was a bit worried because I've previously heard many stories how healthy people are sent for additional medical check for tuberculosis. It lasts approximately 6 weeks and that's why it's very risky to be sent for this check in August. Luckily, our medicals were fine and we passed our interview successfully. Consul was not able to approve our visas at the time of the interview because of well-known worldwide technical problems which were happening at the moment, but on August, 15 we received our passports with immigration visas inside. Now planning our relocation to San Francisco Bay Area (most likely we'll head to Sunnyvale or Mountain View which is closer to my work in Menlo Park).
Hehehe, wolrdwide technical problem :D nice one !
So glad for you man, SF is an awesome place, you will share the same quality life as britsimon :)

vladek, they put us on AP because they hadn't received our test results from the doc yet. We phoned the doc and the nurse said that they sent it off last week and it was on its way, should be there today or tomorrow. The officer at the interview said that it won't be a problem and assured us that they would issue the visa as soon as they receive the results but also warned us that the results would have to arrive soon due to it being September. I was so nervous.... The results being the only issue mentioned to us as being outstanding.

Just a quick question, I am worried that due to my nerves and receiving such unpleasant unexpected news I never followed the instructions properly. Before the interview the Admin Officer was giving us instructions. After the interview, one is to hand the self addressed envelope to the Interviewing Officer? We did that and he accepted it (not sure if it was actually to be given to the Admin Officer because for a second he was hesitant and paged through the pile of documents and made a remark to the effect of him being under the impression that we had registered to some kind of optional process whereby the envelope would have been in the pile).

But what we never did was sign the letter that gets attached to the envelope that is not to be opened. I am not sure whether the instructions (from the Admin Officer) was to sign the sealed envelope after the interview, i.e. to return to the her (Admin Officer). Or if the earlier instructions from the Admin Officer was to sign it once received in the mail. We assumed that it gets sent to us with our visa? All of the above is making us really uneasy. On CEAC our case number is shown to be in AP.... Is it possible to loose the visa for getting something wrong as described above?

Besides the above, Murphy's law also got me badly. At the security check, I discovered that I had my kindle in my bag (after going through my bag a gazillion times checking every detail and inch of my body that everything was in order. Luckily our car was parked not too far from the embassy. This morning you would have seen a guy running in a suit through the streets of Frankfurt. Perhaps that also effected my concentration levels...

I feel shattered and exhausted now :(

vladek, they put us on AP because they hadn't received our test results from the doc yet. We phoned the doc and the nurse said that they sent it off last week and it was on its way, should be there today or tomorrow. The officer at the interview said that it won't be a problem and assured us that they would issue the visa as soon as they receive the results but also warned us that the results would have to arrive soon due to it being September. I was so nervous.... The results being the only issue mentioned to us as being outstanding.

Just a quick question, I am worried that due to my nerves and receiving such unpleasant unexpected news I never followed the instructions properly. Before the interview the Admin Officer was giving us instructions. After the interview, one is to hand the self addressed envelope to the Interviewing Officer? We did that and he accepted it (not sure if it was actually to be given to the Admin Officer because for a second he was hesitant and paged through the pile of documents and made a remark to the effect of him being under the impression that we had registered to some kind of optional process whereby the envelope would have been in the pile).

But what we never did was sign the letter that gets attached to the envelope that is not to be opened. I am not sure whether the instructions (from the Admin Officer) was to sign the sealed envelope after the interview, i.e. to return to the her (Admin Officer). Or if the earlier instructions from the Admin Officer was to sign it once received in the mail. We assumed that it gets sent to us with our visa? All of the above is making us really uneasy. On CEAC our case number is shown to be in AP.... Is it possible to loose the visa for getting something wrong as described above?

Besides the above, Murphy's law also got me badly. At the security check, I discovered that I had my kindle in my bag (after going through my bag a gazillion times checking every detail and inch of my body that everything was in order. Luckily our car was parked not too far from the embassy. This morning you would have seen a guy running in a suit through the streets of Frankfurt. Perhaps that also effected my concentration levels...

I feel shattered and exhausted now :(
Hey calmeer boet !
Its all under control, I had my medicals done a month and half before the interview, just to avoid any unexpectable late trouble......
Any way I garantee you your visa will be aprouved as soo as they finalize with your medical file.
Euro2014 had his medis a day before and he also had to wait, but it was issued within a week time.
Your case is on AP because pending on your medicals that's all!
Again take all the bad thoughts away from our mind and wait for your visa.
Keep monitoring the ceac, you will get good news before friday.
Wees rustig bro :)

Hey calmeer boet !
Its all under control, I had my medicals done a month and half before the interview, just to avoid any unexpectable late trouble......
Any way I garantee you your visa will be aprouved as soo as they finalize with your medical file.
Euro2014 had his medis a day before and he also had to wait, but it was issued within a week time.
Your case is on AP because pending on your medicals that's all!
Again take all the bad thoughts away from our mind and wait for your visa.
Keep monitoring the ceac, you will get good news before friday.
Wees rustig bro :)

I hope so dude. It was a day from hell.

I wanted to go earlier. Straight after I saw my current status. Our doctor was on Holiday so we had to wait for him to get back. The Nurse said the blood tests were only arrived to her late. Even with that said there should have been ample time. Maybe Labor Day had something to do with it.

But you say Euro2014 also had that problem... I'll check it out.

Thanks Vladek. Needed a fellow braatjie to tell me something like that. Must say, feel better already!