• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview experience in Sydney embassy

Dalia2015

Hi all
Did anyone got interviewed in Australia/ Sydney?? I was just wondering how was the interview like?? What questions were asked? I am asking this because my husband and I were refused an E2 visa back in 2014 and our experience was terrible, still having nightmares about it. I would appreciate if someone could share their stories.
Thank you in advance..

I haven't had my DV interview yet, but I've interviewed there twice back in 2012 and 2013 for student visas and had no issues. The interview was probably only 60 seconds long. You'll find lots of stories about interview experiences in the 2015 Oceania thread and most people seem to have no trouble. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, why do you feel that way?

Apart from curiosity, if people have an idea as to why the E2 was denied they may be able to point out if there are any potential problems for the DV application, or alternatively if the reasons don't apply to DV therefore meaning you have nothing to worry about.

I agree with you SusieQ. The officer declined our visa because we don't have enough ties in Australia although my husband's parents and 5 brothers are living here and we also had our house and an evidence from the real estate that it's going to be rented out but the officer didn't want to see any of our supporting documents and declined the visa. I guess this time it's different, the purpose is to migrate so the visa is for a different reasons.
I meet all the education requirements from Egypt (high school & Bachelor Degree) I am just scared that it won't be reliable as I am in Australia. My Number is2016 AF000031xx, when do you think my interview is going to be?!

Ok so yes, the problems before shouldn't be an issue for DV.
Make sure you have translated copies of your educational certifications as well as the original versions - they will check back with the embassy in Cairo to confirm your schooling meets the requirements. And that's a low number, I'd think October... Good luck!

Ok so yes, the problems before shouldn't be an issue for DV.
Make sure you have translated copies of your educational certifications as well as the original versions - they will check back with the embassy in Cairo to confirm your schooling meets the requirements. And that's a low number, I'd think October... Good luck!

Egypt is limited - I think she won't interview until September next year, or miss out?

EDIT: Sorry I missed a zero. Yeh that's a good number.

Last edited:
I am also worried about the police checks from overseas. I already sent mine to Egypt on the 20.05 and didn't get it yet (the government is too slow) if you are not there in person:( my husband also has to get one from UAE and we sent the figure prints, money order, forms and for my bad Luck the envelope wasn't delivered and was returned to Australia and the post office can't allocate it. So I am so frustrated right now and is hoping that all these issues are gonna be fixed before the interview..figures crossed its gonna arrive on time..