• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

interview date

k.nyanful

Hi,
Im in Africa(Ghana), I have submitted my DS 260 form since Dec 2014, but still havent gotten my interview date.
Wanna kno please how the visa numbers work in my region, cos its been a bit late compared to other friends dates.

Thanks... Why the delay this year? Cos I receive my appointment letter on the firt base in may last year, so thought it gone be quicker.

Thanks... Why the delay this year? Cos I receive my appointment letter on the firt base in may last year, so thought it gone be quicker.

The delay is because you submitted your DS260 late and they gave been taking over 4 months to process them. The Ds260 must be processed before you can be scheduled for the interview.

Is there any reason you submitted the DS260 so late? The very first thing it says on the dvselectee page that links from your selection letter is:

If you receive notification through the Electronic Diversity Visa (E-DV) website that you have been selected for further processing in the Diversity Immigrant Visa (DV) Program, you must successfully complete the steps on the following pages before a consular interview can be scheduled to determine if you will receive a visa. You should complete these steps as soon as possible.

I processed it late cos I wanted to gather all my documents before, plus I had to get a passport, birthcert, school certs n dey all take time. But better late than ever I guess.

I recently unlocked my Ds260 form and updated some information .Taking into consideration my case number which is AF52*** won't that cause a delay on my interview date since I expect to be current a few months from now.Will I be able to get an interview when my case number goes current or there will be a delay because of this unlocking ?

I recently unlocked my Ds260 form and updated some information .Taking into consideration my case number which is AF52*** won't that cause a delay on my interview date since I expect to be current a few months from now.Will I be able to get an interview when my case number goes current or there will be a delay because of this unlocking ?

Well you haven't told us what you changed or when you did it ("recently") - so you aren't making it easy to give accurate info. However, because of the VB progression and your CN, it probably won't delay you, as they will have enough time to process whatever you changed.

Well you haven't told us what you changed or when you did it ("recently") - so you aren't making it easy to give accurate info. However, because of the VB progression and your CN, it probably won't delay you, as they will have enough time to process whatever you changed.
I was updating my new passport number and I did it sometime last week