Interview at Milwaukee - Thanks ERIC711 and All Others

WouldBeCitizen

Registered Users (C)
Just got back from Citizenship interview. Originally scheduled at 9.10 AM. Reached there at 8.35 AM. Not many people around but there are some. Was called in at 9.20 AM but a very tall and burly officer who was polite but never smiled.

Raise your hand and say "I do." Then go through the application. Show passport(s), SSN, Driver License, other IDs etc. Confirm name, address and phone number and then go through the application line by line.

Test:-
Actually it was a joke. 10 questions and you do not have even read all the 100 questions to answer those 10. If you just watch TV you are OK - just kidding. I scored 100% and then asked me to write a sentence - "I want to be an American Citizen". Piece of cake actually.

Sign here please - on the N400 twice. Then showed the traffic tickets (mentioned in N400) and he wanted to keep all of them. I said can you make a copy because I do not have copies. No, give me one and take all of them back. Huh? OK go ahead.

Then printed a paper giving my name, phone etc and asked me to verify clearly. All entires are correct. Then another paper was given to me - you passed civics, history and english tests and then below that - Congratulations, your application is recommended for approval. If finally approved you will get a letter asking to come for taking oath". He was very nice and very professional. My wife also had interview with the same guy. Same result - passed and recommended for approval. NEVER even mentioned about name check.

I had to ask - When is oath going to be? "I do not know, may be a month, three months or 6 months, I do not know.!" I found the nobody in Milwaukee was getting oath the same day they have interview. NOBODY. My assumption is that, the Milwaukee Federal courthouse conducts citizenship interviews once a month (according to INS, Milwaukee website). So definitely mine would not be in March. Hopefully next month.

IMPORTANT
INS simply does NOT care I think about what is in your application. I mentioned many things in the application but they never even looked at them. Nebrasks service center does not even take a look at it and just keeps them down in their files until FBI clears name and background checks. Then the file goes to district office. District office would NOT even open it until you go there for interview. This is really bad. This is my personal opinion. Only when you go to interview, then they open it to read through it with you sitting on the other side of the table.

Anycase, my interview is over. Waiting for oath letter now.

Forgot to add Timeline - Here it is (updated)

N400 sent - 12/29/2003 (Lincoln NE)
Acknowledgement - Mid January 2004
Finger Printing - February 11, 2004
Interview - March 23, 2004
Oath - ???
Passport - ??
==================================== :D :D :D
Dual citizenship - ??
Europe Vacation - ??
Aus/NZ vacation - ??
Barbados to see India Play WI cricket match - ??
Hawaii vacation - ??
Saving $2 million for retirement - ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by WouldBeCitizen
Dual citizenship - ??
Europe Vacation - ??
Aus/NZ vacation - ??
Barbados to see India Play WI cricket match - ??
Hawaii vacation - ??
Saving $2 million for retirement - ??
Congratulations. Thanks for details.

Just curious $2 million - is that enough? :D

Congratulations WouldBeCitizen!

Congratulations to you and your wife WouldBeCitizen! Let us know when you get the oath letter. Anybody else out there with a Milwaukee timeline? Thanks!

Re: Re: Interview at Milwaukee - Thanks ERIC711 and All Others

Just curious $2 million - is that enough? :D

Since your name suggests desh, I will give this story.

Bali Maharaja is giving away everything. So here goes Vamana and asks, "give me three paces of land."

"What a kid you are! I am giving away continents, pray ask again, " says Bali Maharaja!

If I am not happy with 3 paces, how can I be happy with a continent? Says Vamana. Of course with 3 paces measures everything in the universe and beyond.

So you know the story, huh? I am not Vamana and cannot even be a speck of dust at His feet, but at the current rate, I will be happy if I can get $2m. No more and no less :D :D

Thanks to everyone, for everything. I have benefited immensely from this web site now, earlier and always. For more information, read my sign file below :)

Originally posted by eric711
Congrats WBC, page me when you get your oath letter :D

Will do. Thanks a lot for your input. I parked in the lot you mentioned and everything was smooth. Wanted to take oath yesterday after interview but God has other plans, it seems.