International travel after submitting N-400

pacman11

Are there any implications of travelling abroad after submitting N-400 application but before becoming citizen?

I am eligible to apply for citizenship after a few weeks but am planning to travel to India for a month in July. Is it okay to apply now as the process is likely going to take a lot longer than 4 months? Or is it better to wait till after the international travel to apply?

Yes, but only if you stay longer than six months. I just became a citizen three days ago and I was abroad for 5 weeks after submitting application. I would say apply now because you will have fingerprints in about a month, and then interview about five months from now unless you are very lucky before you will have interview withing four months after submission. Check http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/n400 to see for your District and Field Office the average time between application and interview.

You can travel as long as you don't break continuous residence, and someone checks your post in case you get a notice for which you need to appear.