Intention: Current b1/b2 converting to AOS. HELP!!!

zonryza

Registered Users (C)
Husband is Mexican, wife is American. She goes to Mexico and marries him and lives in Mexico for 3 years with him. They're marriage certificate is MEXICAN. They both travel to USA after 3 years to visit her family. (He has a b1/b2 visa from when he was single) During this time that they're in the USA, they experience a financial setback and no money to travel back to Mexico. Husband decides to stay in USA w/ his wife instead of going back to Mexico when i-94 expires. Wife is frantically looking for a job and so far only temp stuff has been available.

Wife petitions for husband like 1 month before i-94 expires, and received a "Notice of Receipt", even a notice to put Biometrics for i-130, I-485, and i-765, but NO I-130 approval notice. It's been 4 months.

Do you think that Immigration is going to eventually want more proof that their Mexican marriage certificate is a legitimate certificate? Husband and wife sent in the COPY of it

They will be interviewed just like any other AOSing couple.

Do you think that Immigration is going to eventually want more proof that their Mexican marriage certificate is a legitimate certificate? Husband and wife sent in the COPY of it